testtest

Colt’s Bringing Back the 3-inch Python in .357 Mag!

Well to me revolvers are for hunting. And they go in shoulder rigs. I get that a lot of you guys like to carry them though.
Oh I have hunted with handguns since the 80s. I still prefer a shorter barrel even for that. I bought, well I suspect I was having smoke blown up my butt, but I bought "the first 5.5 inch 44 mag Redhawk in the state of Michigan". Well probably not, but that is how early I was on that band wagon.

Then I was disappointed in the balance and had Magnaport bob it to 4.5 inches and I used it as my main firearms season weapon for over 20 years maybe close to 30. Until, that mean **** arthritis forced me to go down in calibers. Took many deer, and several bear with that Hawk. My favorite sight was a gold bead front with v notch rear. I prefer chest holsters.

I have shot traditional archery tackle since learning to walk. Dad said he started ne around 2, so that is going on 61 years. My brain is wired for relatively short distance hunting shots. Instinctively 30 yards is long. 40 yards is pushing too long, unless I force myself into another mindset.

Last edited:
Oh I have hunted with handguns since the 80s. I still prefer a shorter barrel even for that. I bought, well I suspect I was having smoke blown up my butt, but I bought "the first 5.5 inch 44 mag Redhawk in the state of Michigan". Well probably not, but that is how early I was on that band wagon.

Then I was disappointed in the balance and had Magnaport bob it to 4.5 inches and I used it as my main firearms season weapon for over 20 years maybe close to 30. Until, that mean **** arthritis forced me to go down in calibers. Took many deer, and several bear with that Hawk. My favorite sight was a gold bead front with v notch rear. I prefer chest holsters.

I have shot traditional archery tackle since learning to walk. Dad said he started ne around 2, so that is going on 61 years. My brain is wired for relatively short distance hunting shots. Instinctively 30 yards is long. 40 yards is pushing too long, unless I force myself into another mindset.

I took this one at about 90 yards. This was about 25 years ago. Never had anything but irons on a handgun.

fCc8gPc.jpg

Nice shot, especially with a handgun. Hell I dont think I have taken a 90 yard shot even with a scope. Oh.. except trying cutting the feather or pipe in muzzleloading shoots, with mixed results lol.
Ironically I once missed two big bucks, one five minutes after the other, from a tree stand at about 40' with this gun. Missed the first one, sat there dumbfounded, then 5 minutes later an even bigger one walked up the same trail and I missed him too.

It's very rare I miss an 8" plate at 100 yards with it though. :rolleyes:

Ironically I once missed two big bucks, one five minutes after the other, from a tree stand at about 40' with this gun. Missed the first one, sat there dumbfounded, then 5 minutes later an even bigger one walked up the same trail and I missed him too.

It's very rare I miss an 8" plate at 100 yards with it though. :rolleyes:
Lol I see a plate at 100 yards and I start stalking it to get in what my brain says is proper shooting range.

Back