testtest

Dabbs: My Time in U.S. Army Helicopters

No shade meant and you can have your fancy super-tactical whiz-bang helos, but gimme a UH-1 or CH-47 any day of the week. I have a deep and abiding love for CH-47s having flown in them numerous as a custodial agent and fire team leader for "special ammunition" air missions (SAAM)⚛️💣. I was informed by more than one Chinook crew chief that if the aircraft wasn't leaking fluid(s), we were in big trouble! 😁 Thanks for the excellent article, MAJ (Dr.) Dabbs💯👍🆙

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Dabbs: My Time in U.S. Army Helicopters” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/u-s-army-helicopters/.

Having worked for almost 40 years at Sikorsky Aircraft I’ve since retired I’m convinced you would love the new technology packed into all the latest military helicopters.. enjoyed reading your military experience. Thank you for your service.

Having had the opportunity to be transported in Hueys in training, blackhawks and Chinooks on missions in Iraq and Afghanistan I always had had the greatest respect for pilots and crews. In Afghanistan also had the opportunity to make mission movements on Ukraine built HIP helicopters piloted by the British RAF. You would think it would be a piece of junk but seemed to fly great but sure could not fly over many of the mountains so we flew thru the mountain passes which sometimes seemed pretty narrow. Thank you for your service and a fine read.

Thanks for the great article, Dr. Dabbs. As a former 17-year veteran myself (67-N2F) Huey's were my thing, Spent many months at Ft. Rucker myself. All my pilots were Vietnam era and demanded we know how to fly, from our Major on down. I am pretty sure I have at least 450hrs of stick time in the pilots' seat of the Uh-1 and 150hrs in the OH-58. My love will always be that Huey though - what a work horse.

Back