testtest

Daffy Zone…..

Hey, I resemble that remark! :cool:
1701740550575.gif

(Couldnt find any CF-18’s, so a Brit Tornado will have to do😉)

If you just Google

It pops right up.
Here you go:

Guys, if I knew how to 'Google' I wouldn't have asked for help, but I do thank both of you. It's so easy for those who know how to make light of it for those of us who don't. I was born before black/white TV was readily available to the general public and have lived to see much change.

However I still cannot set the clock on a VCR and still have a hard time just spelling 'IBM'. Many of the things I and those like me grew up with often terrorize those much younger who grew up with high tech ... like computers and "Google".

On occasion, very occasionally, I can muster through with a "Google" search and find what I need or even just something worthwhile. The key I think, is in knowing exactly what to enter into the search line. Sometimes I know, most times I'm just not sure. Obviously you guys do know and I didn't. So once again, thank both of you very much for the answer as well as the critique.

If you ever have need to dial a rotary phone, react to a pager, set a wind up alarm clock, or read a paper road map, call on me to help. I'm your man! And should I ever lose my smart phone, or my computer battery goes south, I can still recite the multiplication tables for you, balance a check book, and write in cursive with appropriate capitalization and punctuation. I live in a retirement community of reasonably wealthy folks, have a retirement nest egg of 7 figures, and even have a credit score north of 810. I know the CI displacement on most every Chevy engine ever built, and can tell you how to make any of them go really fast all while sounding/rumbling like a real man-sized engine and not a rice thrasher. I can show you how to design and weld a suspension bridge and/or a passenger air frame and even how to build an airboat from scratch. If you don't know what an airboat is, you can "Google" it. Other than those few things, I'm not very capable. Heck, I can even fix a drippy faucet and unstop a drain. Best of all about the only thing I routinely have to ask help on is computers. ;) :):LOL: jj

Last edited:
Guys, if I knew how to 'Google' I wouldn't have asked for help, but I do thank both of you. It's so easy for those who know how to make light of it for those of us who don't. I was born before black/white TV was readily available to the general public and have lived to see much change.

However I still cannot set the clock on a VCR and still have a hard time just spelling 'IBM'. Many of the things I and those like me grew up with often terrorize those much younger who grew up with high tech ... like computers and "Google".

On occasion, very occasionally, I can muster through with a "Google" search and find what I need or even just something worthwhile. The key I think, is in knowing exactly what to enter into the search line. Sometimes I know, most times I'm just not sure. Obviously you guys do know and I didn't. So once again, thank both of you very much for the answer as well as the critique.

If you ever have need to dial a rotary phone, react to a pager, set a wind up alarm clock, or read a paper road map, call on me to help. I'm your man! And should I ever lose my smart phone, or my computer battery goes south, I can still recite the multiplication tables for you, balance a check book, and write in cursive with appropriate capitalization and punctuation. I live in a retirement community of reasonably wealthy folks, have a retirement nest egg of 7 figures, and even have a credit score north of 810. I know the CI displacement on most every Chevy engine ever built, and can tell you how to make any of them go really fast all while sounding/rumbling like a real man-sized engine and not a rice thrasher. I can show you how to design and weld a suspension bridge and/or a passenger air frame and even how to build an airboat from scratch. If you don't know what an airboat is, you can "Google" it. Other than those few things, I'm not very capable. Heck, I can even fix a drippy faucet and unstop a drain. Best of all about the only thing I routinely have to ask help on is computers. ;) :):LOL: jj
I've gotten pretty good at google and other search functions but I still can't figure out how to post pictures I took on my phone to forums like this. :( My excuse Is we didn't have phones we could dial - we had to ring for central instead and let them place the calls. The advantage was that "Central" often knew where my girlfriend was if she wasn't at home,

We also didn't have any TVs, black and white or otherwise until later,

As to simple Arithmetic, the lack of ability of younger Americans is appalling. We were at a outdoor Christmas market and my wife decided to buy some pulled pork and some brisket and some baked beans. Watching the kid trying to make change was pathetic and wrong. Three times he tried to give me the right change and shortchanged me. Finally he desperately tried to correct his math by asking me to give him some of the money back so he could give me a larger bill. The end result was he gave me $5.00 too much change which I didn't discover until we had left as I had given up and just shoved what he gave me in my pocket after being heckled by another customer that wanted me to "stop hurting his feelings".

👏👍

I've gotten pretty good at google and other search functions but I still can't figure out how to post pictures I took on my phone to forums like this. :( My excuse Is we didn't have phones we could dial - we had to ring for central instead and let them place the calls. The advantage was that "Central" often knew where my girlfriend was if she wasn't at home,
We also didn't have any TVs, black and white or otherwise until later,

As to simple Arithmetic, the lack of ability of younger Americans is appalling. We were at a outdoor Christmas market and my wife decided to buy some pulled pork and some brisket and some baked beans. Watching the kid trying to make change was pathetic and wrong. Three times he tried to give me the right change and shortchanged me. Finally he desperately tried to correct his math by asking me to give him some of the money back so he could give me a larger bill. The end result was he gave me $5.00 too much change which I didn't discover until we had left as I had given up and just shoved what he gave me in my pocket after being heckled by another customer that wanted me to "stop hurting his feelings".
Go to Imgur and create a free account. Download the Imgur app on your phone. It's pretty simple. Just remember that to upload images to your Imgur account straight from your phone you will have to allow it access to your photos ( all or selected). So every time I upload an image directly from my phone I am prompted to go to settings where I change it to allow all. Then after my image is uploaded I go back to settings and allow none.

My 10 yr old grandson has helped me a lot. I remember him in pre-k they had a computer setup on the floor. I thought at the time, it was a dumb thing to do. I was wrong (don't tell the little lady).

Back