testtest

Daffy Zone…..

Seen that several times. My wife's mom and dad are both buried together at Arlington. His name on the front of the headstone and hers on the back side. But the service is pretty special no matter how many times one sees it. Not many folks know, but Arlington was originally the home of Robert E. Lee when the civil war started. It's land was used to bury dead Union soldiers to prevent him from ever wanting to return. It was later designated Arlington National Cemetery.

I don't know where that came from ... but my daddy made it real clear to me that was a skill I definitely needed!!! At least every other Saturday!!!
as i taught not only my sons, but daughters as well.

the girls still had it easier though....mostly weeding, planting, watering and the occasional trimming of the hedges.

as i had inherited my dad's 27 ton push rotary mower...so the boys dealt with near heart attack mowings.

Seen that several times. My wife's mom and dad are both buried together at Arlington. His name on the front of the headstone and hers on the back side. But the service is pretty special no matter how many times one sees it. Not many folks know, but Arlington was originally the home of Robert E. Lee when the civil war started. It's land was used to bury dead Union soldiers to prevent him from ever wanting to return. It was later designated Arlington National Cemetery.
never been to DC, other than maybe a delivery and/or a pick up, then outta there.

no time for sight-seeing.

as i taught not only my sons, but daughters as well.

the girls still had it easier though....mostly weeding, planting, watering and the occasional trimming of the hedges.

as i had inherited my dad's 27 ton push rotary mower...so the boys dealt with near heart attack mowings.
Well, my daddy's wasn't quite "27 tons", but it was a handful and I pretended several heat attacks as I recall!!! :p;)

I wasn't gonna go here but relative to DC .............. when stationed at Norfolk, Va in the Navy, I and 3 other buddies kept an apartment in DC to party at on the weekends. We would get off board ship Friday afternoon and head out towards DC. On the way we would each pick up a qt of "Sly Fox" wine (I won't say 'rotgut', but it was aged no more than a day or two) to drink on the way up to our apt in DC. Once inside the DC limits, we would stop at a little liquor store which would always have "Wild Irish Rose" wine on sale. We'd pick up a case of (IIRC) 24 pints of the "Rose" to use over the weekend while partying hard. We'd head back to Norfolk late Sunday night with whoever was the most sober at the wheel. Seems like it wasn't a real long drive. We'd get a couple hours sleep. Now to the part that hurts ......

If you've ever been on a real wine drunk, you'll know that as you begin to sober up, you're are as dry, parched, and dehydrated as the Sahara desert. You're under a near irresistible urge to get a BIG drink of water. But once to take that drink of water, you're drunk all over again. Can you imagine, back then we thought of that as a fun weekend!!! These days I won't even take a taste of wine .... and I've often repeated the chant of those early 'Temperance' movement women similar to: "Lips that touch wine will never touch mine" or something like that.

Uhuh, that's exactly what I told each of my Navy shipboard buddies that's just the way it was when my discharge came through and I came home!!! A couple of them seemed to be really hurt!!! ;) :p (Of course .. I'm only kidding about my buddies part!!!)

1719957463668.jpeg

Back