testtest

Daffy Zone…..

I hear US Navy sailors complain about 'needle gunning'. Is this a form of punishment?
Ships are made of steel. Put steel in salt water, it will rust unless it is painted. If paint is chipping or blistered, it must be removed before you repaint. You remove paint and rust with a power tool called a needle gun. A bunch of steel rods (needles) chip into paint/ rust, removing it. Loud. Vibrates. Leaves you in a NASTY cloud of paint chips. You pissed off your boss? Yeah, you have extra duty. Go chip paint.

View attachment 63207
Been there, done that. Needle guns and chipping hammers.

Been there, done that. Needle guns and chipping hammers.
We have similar tools for scaling cast iron mains prior to cutting and capping them. one is a thing that looks like a belt with rows of steel c channels on it. Imagine how you would use a piece of sandpaper to sand a dowel rod only it's a cast iron gas main. Another tool looks like an air impact.. and in fact it is, but instead of a spindle with an arbor it has 3 jagged pills that shoot in and out rapidly. We also use chipping hammers.

You haven't lived until you're in a hole and the guy next to you is scaling a 16" ci main and cracks the shite out of it.

Sigh, back when women were WOMEN….without conversion kits😏
she was here at the convention center in my city, for comic-con the past spring.....i wanted so badly to go and see her, (she is like 90 now), but i just couldn't go, even my wife wanted to go as well......i have forgotten why we could not get there.

this is what she looks like at 92, do not believe any of the "old made up pics" of her.....

IMG_4603.jpeg

put up the sound, the icon is in the upper right corner, each vette can be sold for over 3 million dollars.

Back