testtest

Decades of Shooting: One Author’s Top 10 1911 Handguns

Could I be happy if my TRP was the only 1911 I owned?

Absolutely.
I just took delivery of a TRP 4.25 inch in Coyote Brown. Needless to say it's well built. The grips are phenomenal. Fit and finish is just right. I took it out last Tuesday for a test run. I encountered a problem with the magazines. The lower lip on the follower did not clear the magazine body and loading them was very difficult. Fortunately I had other magazines as I was comparing the gun to a 45ACP Ronin. In comparing the magazines I couldn't believe the difference. The magazines for the Ronin were top quality; the magazines included with the TRP were not. I purchased the gun through Guns.com. I've purchased from them before with no problems. I'm now wondering if the FFL that received the gun may have switched out Springfield magazines for Brand X. This was the first time I've dealt with this FFL, and it will be the last. Still, I have no way to prove my suspicions.

The comparison of the TRP and the Ronin was interesting. Neither gun had any problems digesting the rounds I put through them and accuracy was on a par. Both guns are likely capable of better groups than I'm capable of shooting. The tritium sights are visible in very low light and would make night shooting more accurate. I've not attached a light to the gun, but that may happen in the future. I have enough 45 magazines that I can survive without those included. but I may purchase one from Springfield in the future for comparison.

Back