testtest

Do you think.....

Yea, that’s what Glock is saying since the G44 is same dimension as the G19. An XD or XDm would be real good as a training gun, but cheaper to shoot, hence more training time.

Yea, that’s what Glock is saying since the G44 is same dimension as the G19. An XD or XDm would be real good as a training gun, but cheaper to shoot, hence more training time.
I've seen a .22plinkster review on the Glock 44 and in that review gun he had was having cycling problems when using a certain grain ammo. It may have been that particular firearm had an issue.

Last edited:
There's the Taurus also. Plus it has a 15 rd mag.

Hopefully SA could do it with a mag over 10 like most .22 pistols are.
The Taurus tx22 has a really great reputation and come with a threaded barrel adapter standard. I will probably pickup one myself soon.

G-44 for training? Not really. Use it for the first time ever shooter to over come the initial bang terror sure.
But for training I would never. Train with what you carry. Shoot what you carry. Substitution of a 22 for a 9,40,10,45 is ridiculous IMHO. You need to experience the same noise and recoil in training as you will in a life or death situation.
This is all again IMHO as I'm no expert.

I've seen a .22plinkster review on the Glock 44 and in that review gun he had was having cycling problems when using a certain grain ammo. It may have been that particular firearm had an issue.
Yea, I have read that also, my guess it’s the ammo, some .22’s can be finicky on some ammo, in this months Gun Digest, they have a similar story that the writer said the Glock seemed like it had squib loads and he actually disassembled it to make sure there was no barrel obstruction.

Yea, I have read that also, my guess it’s the ammo, some .22’s can be finicky on some ammo, in this months Gun Digest, they have a similar story that the writer said the Glock seemed like it had squib loads and he actually disassembled it to make sure there was no barrel obstruction.
Yeah I try to stay away from guns that are ammo picky. I never buy a new model gun until it's been on the market a couple months so I can get the feedback from actual users before dropping my cash.

I think a .22LR would be great and would make a great trainer and first shooter gun. I know people don't think so but if you think of muscle memory and do a lot of dry fire training then it really makes sense. Any time I am out shooting my .22 I try to complete my range time shooting a regular round so that I finish off my training with what I carry.

I've never owned a Taurus but only read about them myself. I hear their 1911s are decent for being entry level.
I had one of there early stainless 1911’s in 9mm, that’s the only Taurus I never had any issues with, it worked and shot flawlessly, one of the deputy sheriffs bugged and bugged me for it, so I sold it to him. It was mostly the Taurus revolvers I had issues with.

Back