testtest

Do you think.....

I bought a conversion kit for my Sig P229. You know, cheaper to shoot, better to practice with, etc, etc. I can honestly say, it's great to "plink" with, but I certainly wouldn't use it as a training aid in place of the real thing. As Sigs are notoriously top heavy, the exchange kit, being light aluminum, throws the weight way off. The grip is obviously the same, but it feels like a completely different gun. And because of the way the mags are designed it never holds the slide back with any .22 conversion mag on last shot. I will use it if I have a newbie with me because its a .22 but other than that, I dont seem to use it very much. And being from Sig, it wasn't necessarily cheap.

C722A69E-F991-48C3-AA2D-2CF6C7C380F2.jpeg

8219A87D-3221-4488-8FB9-BC862414745B.jpeg

20474D1B-5612-4516-9635-6776C65C53C3.jpeg

I bought a conversion kit for my Sig P229. You know, cheaper to shoot, better to practice with, etc, etc. I can honestly say, it's great to "plink" with, but I certainly wouldn't use it as a training aid in place of the real thing. As Sigs are notoriously top heavy, the exchange kit, being light aluminum, throws the weight way off. The grip is obviously the same, but it feels like a completely different gun. And because of the way the mags are designed it never holds the slide back with any .22 conversion mag on last shot. I will use it if I have a newbie with me because its a .22 but other than that, I dont seem to use it very much. And being from Sig, it wasn't necessarily cheap.
I did the same, although i got the threaded version. I use it with a can for varmits in the yard. It serves the purpose. I might use if for a beginner as a training device but not much else. It gets dirty very quickly so thats another drawback. The milling on the is also quite rough so it needed to be smoothed out.

I did the same, although i got the threaded version. I use it with a can for varmits in the yard. It serves the purpose. I might use if for a beginner as a training device but not much else. It gets dirty very quickly so thats another drawback. The milling on the is also quite rough so it needed to be smoothed out.
Good it's working out for you. Just wish it wasnt so expensive, or at least performed a little better.

Good it's working out for you. Just wish it wasnt so expensive, or at least performed a little better.
Agreed, there is a mod out there to keep the slide back when empty. Without the threaded barrel it would be much less useful.

Last edited:
Agreed, there is a mod out there to keep the slide back when empty. Without the threaded barrel it would be much less useful.

Thank you for that info. I will certainly check this out.

Back