testtest

Dodge trucks, never mind this RAM B.S.

Old_Me

SAINT
i remember a time when all of the Big 3 had fine pick up trucks

i have had 2 chevies and 1 ford.

i have yet, to have a Dodge.....and frankly, i may never have one, not cuz of the article i will link to, but due to my age.

then i read this article...it is really disappointing to all the recalls...ALL manufacturers have these days.

one car/truck in particular i heard about having issues, is the Ford Maverick truck, made in Mexico

seems like no matter what is made in Mexico, there are problems with quality.''well then dammit, PULL OUT of Mexico, rather than lose customers"..

i guess some makers would rather lose customers, then come back to the states..???

I had a 2003 RAM back when they brought back the Hemi. Had the truck for 16 years but I did have to replace all the valve springs at around 90k. It wasn't a bad truck but I heard they have been going downhill for awhile. It did have a few minor issues over the years but when it was time to get a new truck I went with a Toyota. They just build them better no matter how you slice it.

I have two Dodge Rams, i keep getting recall notices wanting me to bring my truck i9n so they can reflash the diesel engine cause of some emission crap. i guess EPA is on them about it. i'm not takin it in where they will make it get worse fuel mileage. it runs fine.
that's at a dealership.

since it has a Cummins, is there a Cummins engine place anywhere in your surrounding area?

thing is however, the dealership will do it no charge, a Cummins dealer will charge.

my folks have first year maverick 22 model hybrid
freaking awesome little truck for them

it had one recall and 2 wrecks, got fixed and does really well
imo it rides a bit stiff and is noisy at highway speeds and is short of leg room, but i am 6 3 so there it is

I have two Dodge Rams, i keep getting recall notices wanting me to bring my truck i9n so they can reflash the diesel engine cause of some emission crap. i guess EPA is on them about it. i'm not takin it in where they will make it get worse fuel mileage. it runs fine.
depending on your state, eventually you wont be able to re-register it for plates if the recall is not done
yes it hurts MPG but not that much as so i have been told

depending on your state, eventually you wont be able to re-register it for plates if the recall is not done
yes it hurts MPG but not that much as so i have been told
yup.....crack down on diesel engine emissions.

up here some garage got hit bit time doing that DEF delete.

guy made big dollars.....then he had to pay even BIGGER dollars in fines.

and to think, this trucking owner, was BIG in fighting the truck tolls only in RI...!!!!!!

like c'mon, you know it's illegal.....uh...like those tolls......???

i remember a time when all of the Big 3 had fine pick up trucks

i have had 2 chevies and 1 ford.

i have yet, to have a Dodge.....and frankly, i may never have one, not cuz of the article i will link to, but due to my age.

then i read this article...it is really disappointing to all the recalls...ALL manufacturers have these days.

one car/truck in particular i heard about having issues, is the Ford Maverick truck, made in Mexico

seems like no matter what is made in Mexico, there are problems with quality.''well then dammit, PULL OUT of Mexico, rather than lose customers"..

i guess some makers would rather lose customers, then come back to the states..???

This article just kind of makes you wonder how we ever got by with Bias-ply tires , manual drum brakes that you had to manually adjust , and no power steering. 🤔

I had a 2003 RAM back when they brought back the Hemi. Had the truck for 16 years but I did have to replace all the valve springs at around 90k. It wasn't a bad truck but I heard they have been going downhill for awhile. It did have a few minor issues over the years but when it was time to get a new truck I went with a Toyota. They just build them better no matter how you slice it.
Similar here.
My previous Truck was a Chevy that I had since 1998.
It needed repair that was going to cost me more than the truck was worth.
I got my money out of it.
I had decided a few years before the Chevy died that my next new truck would be a Toyota.
Much of that had to do with my father’s and how many miles he got out of his. My dads truck was an absolute mule.
I love my Tacoma. Japanese co but built in Tennessee.
IMG_1274.jpeg

I've heard DEF stuff and the new epa changes take away some of the hp. Anyhow, I've had gm, ford, dodge, toyota but not a nissan.
it may
but my 21 f250 with 6.7 was 1k ft lbs of torgue and 425 hp
i never missed any power
during regen it burned a bit of fuel and smelled hot out back, but still would roast the rear tires if you planted it
0 to 60 was freaking a blink
it beat the pants off my other diesel trucks
but overall cost to operate was higher imo
700 mile to a tank was awesome

i9n?? How do you do that?? 🤔🤔

Last edited:
Back