testtest

Does This Supplement (or Replace) Your Pistol?

If I asked "what is the most important tool to have control of if you can't go armed?" What would well trained individuals probably tell you. Your brain and how it has been conditioned. When you go somewhere do you take note of your surroundings and try to identify hazards/problems. If the answer is yes do you also scan for alterative weapons to be used in a pinch. If not you have some work to do. The work is called conditioning.

1723213289170.gif
IMG_7342.jpeg

To my way of thinking shining a light on someone is just giving them a beacon to shoot at. The flashlight has yet to be invented that could serve as a replacement for an adequate defensive sidearm. If you cannot be properly armed then the next best form of self-defense is a good pair of running shoes and the training and conditioning to use them. As to visiting the UK or Europe, there isn’t a single thing in any one of those places that would induce me to weaken my right to defense as a condition of visiting. The world has become a very dangerous place. My travel agenda is restricted to those locales where it’s legal to be properly armed.
I think you missed the point of the article. It was about what can you use in places where there are no guns, or at least where guns are not allowed. Like you I take my gun everywhere concealed so that no one knows I’m carrying. I go into places fully armed with signs that say no guns allowed (gun free zones) because they will never know I’m carrying unless a gunfight breaks out. The worst thing they can do if they suspect, or discover, I’m carrying is ask me to leave. The article was all about an alternative if you have absolutely no way of carrying a gun. My examples were real life experiences as I was born in England and have friends there I like to visit. I always take a tactical flashlight that I’m fully trained to use as a serious weapon. I used to take a Kubaton with me with keys on it, another great weapon that requires training, but TSA and Police departments got wise so they don’t allow them anymore. There’s even a tactical pen that is a good weapon, but they don’t allow those either. BTW you can’t out run a bullet so good running shoes won’t help.

I think you missed the point of the article. It was about what can you use in places where there are no guns, or at least where guns are not allowed. Like you I take my gun everywhere concealed so that no one knows I’m carrying. I go into places fully armed with signs that say no guns allowed (gun free zones) because they will never know I’m carrying unless a gunfight breaks out. The worst thing they can do if they suspect, or discover, I’m carrying is ask me to leave. The article was all about an alternative if you have absolutely no way of carrying a gun. My examples were real life experiences as I was born in England and have friends there I like to visit. I always take a tactical flashlight that I’m fully trained to use as a serious weapon. I used to take a Kubaton with me with keys on it, another great weapon that requires training, but TSA and Police departments got wise so they don’t allow them anymore. There’s even a tactical pen that is a good weapon, but they don’t allow those either. BTW you can’t out run a bullet so good running shoes won’t help.
You can always outrun a bullet.😉
Have you seen the targets of most of the people at the range.
May I point out the holes in the ceiling when the target is ground level.

You can always outrun a bullet.😉
Have you seen the targets of most of the people at the range.
May I point out the holes in the ceiling when the target is ground level.
this is funny, but sometimes true. Once at a range with some friends we were getting our gear ready after resume was called. The fellas (term used most generously here) were popping off their pistols. After a few mags they seemed quite please with their shooting. 20 yds. 9mm and 22s. About that time one of my shooting buddies, said, "guys you're shooting up our target". Alas, it's quite possible none of those lads had an IQ above 70.

I thought for alternative non-firearm flashlights to be effective, they had to be the large, heavy maglights... not some small, lightweight pocket light... but I may be wrong.
A lot of police forces and security companies are moving away from those big, heavy Mag lights. First, because better smaller options are available but also because of the reputation that those big, heavy Mag lights have

Years ago, I had local cop tell me that he carries the large, Mag light flashlight because few realize that it can do some real damage.
Me too. My dad was a cop too and that's where I got the idea 30-some years ago. Since then, I've switched to the Bushnell Pro 1500 (lumen) - it has a very aggressive knurled aluminum body that will never slip, bare-handed OR gloved. The head of the flashlight makes it a club for all intents & purposes.

If you prefer small flashlights, the Bushnell Pro 1000 is just under 2/3'rds the size and can be wielded like a kubotan. Or, a tactical pen, which I like as an improvised weapon too. This assumes that OC spray, tasers, batons, and other obvious less-lethal weapons are also off-the-table. I'm retired so I have no reason to go into a courthouse or federal building to give a deposition or anything anymore, so generally let's just say if I'm somewhere, it isn't a 'gun free zone'!

Had to pull up some pics so you can see what I'm getting at...
Bushnell Pro 1500: Bushnell Pro 1000:
1723501080947.png
1723501129848.png

The small one has a clip. Both have a strobe function if you need to break an aggressor's OODA loop.

Back