testtest

Earplugs and Earmuffs: Hearing Protection Options for Shooting Sports

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Which is better, ear plugs or ear muffs, when I shot silhouette, I used both at the same time due to some of the hand cannons that shot close to you

I use over ear muffs indoors but I would love to switch to in ear electronic ones for comfort. Does anyone use in ear protectors in an indoor range? If so how are they versus the over ear ones?
to me not good at all, as mentioned by @Annihilator , at an indoor range, you might have some yutz with a cannon or a bazooka, at the port next to you.......

was many a time when someone would have an AR, and he got sent down to my end of the range.

which is why i preferred monday mornings when the place opened up.......as everyone shot off thier ammo over the weekends.

nice QUIET handguns instead......on mondays...!!!

I use over ear muffs indoors but I would love to switch to in ear electronic ones for comfort. Does anyone use in ear protectors in an indoor range? If so how are they versus the over ear ones?
@Simon uses the nice fancy elec earplugs to great effect and loves them.
I cannot use them. They do not fit well in my ear and the loud noises are deafening to me. Had to stop wearing them.
I use ear muffs as I was told long ago that the concussion effects of the round going off can have effect on hearing as well

I wish I could use my elec ones, as I’d like to not have to wear muffs all the time

I use the Axil XCore Pro in ear buds at indoor ranges. They are surprisingly good. The key is having the correct size tip on the bud and properly compressing it before inserting it in your ears. Will it neutralize an 8 inch SBR with a flash hider? No, but for most of what you come across at the range they do a very good job.

I cannot use them. They do not fit well in my ear and the loud noises are deafening to me. Had to stop wearing them.
I use ear muffs as I was told long ago that the concussion effects of the round going off can have effect on hearing as well

I wish I could use my elec ones, as I’d like to not have to wear muffs all the time
1723233168987.jpeg

Yep, probably is hard to find ear plugs to fit those babies……😵‍💫😵‍💫

Electronic ear muffs is what I use. I have an expensive pair of Sordins, a pair marked Impact and a recently purchased pair of AXIL TracR electronic muffs. Didn't use the Axil as of yet but planning to. Just my two cents...
Like @KillerFord1977 I wish I could wear the earplug kind, but I have a real hard time with anything inner ear. Even at work I have a hard time getting foam type earplugs to fit properly.
I have a pair of AXIL TracR ear muffs. I haven't used the bluetooth or anything, as I don't need to listen to anything while I am shooting. @wolfpack076 for me they work very well. They do what they need to do, and I had a guy with an AR in the lane next to me recently. Yeah, it was loud(er) but quite tolerable. I just wish I had known beforehand when he was going to fire that thing...made me jump, and I hate that.. :cool:

A long gun and I don't get along with ear muffs, so I go with ear plugs. And since I have them on anyway, I'll use them with pistols, too. I forget the brand name, but they fit very well and are secured over and in back of the ear similar to a hearing aid.

Back