testtest

Echelon Compact

TNSteelersFan

Operator
Anyone think we'll be seeing an Echelon compact with a 4 inch barrel soon? And if/when we do, do y'all think it'll shoot as satin smooth as the full-size 4.5?

I gotta be honest, I'm torn between the new Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Compact Carry Comp, HOPEFULLY an Echelon compact (again, only if it's as smooth a the current full-size), or a G19.3 build of some sort, probably with an SCT19 complete frame & either an LFA or Arc Division internally compensated slide.

The funny thing is, IF the Echelon Compact becomes a reality, AND if it's as smooth as the full-size, it's the only gun on my list that DOESN'T need & WON'T GET a comp. I NEVER failed to be utterly amazed at how smooth that damned gun is. I go to the range every week, & the place I go has 1 for rent, & without fail, I rent that thing twice, sometimes 3 times a month! I have no idea how they got it to shoot as unbelievably smooth & flat as it does, but I absolutely LOVE it!

I can’t see it (an echelon compact), especially with the Hellcat Pro capacities. I’d rather see the echelon RDS mounting solution on SA’s OSP models. The Hellcat Pro is comparable with lots of compacts in size and capacity. I’d consider the Hellcat proper the “micro” version.

IMG_0109.png

I read the armory life regularly and have wondered about the newer upcoming pistols. Echelon does look rather nice and am waiting for more guys to jump in and try it before I take the plunge. So far reviews are positive.

I am very happy with my Echelon. A compact version of that firearm by SA is basically the Hellcat though it would be a bit snappier than the full-size Echelon. The Hellcat RDP intrigues me, and I hope to rent one soon to try it out. It has a factory compensator on it and that should smooth it out.

Any aftermarket company could do it, Icarus Precision is working on a frame. From the factory eventually different models will come. Remember even with the Hellcat it takes time for different versions to come out, even though it has been out for years.

I read the armory life regularly and have wondered about the newer upcoming pistols. Echelon does look rather nice and am waiting for more guys to jump in and try it before I take the plunge. So far reviews are positive.
It's the ABSOLUTE SMOOTHEST full-size pistol I've EVER shot! To the point that when I see ppl comp or port it, I can only shake my head & ask, "WHY?!" For competition or range gun purposes? OK, fine. But for EDC? HELL NO! It shoots smooth as satin & the comp isn't worth the added length. To me, the Echelon & the M&P 2.0 are about equal in smoothness outta the box. You should rent 1 (Echelon). You'll see what I mean. My range has 1 for rent, & I shoot there once a week. And I rent that Echelon 2 or 3 times a month. THAT'S how much I love it!

Back