testtest
I have a hellcat pro and recently got a really great deal on a EOTECH EFLX and wanted to see if anyone knew if it would fit. Or if I need to get some kind of adapter plate in order to make it fit.

Yeah would be curious to know as well since the Hellcat has a RMSc cut for micro compact pistols and the EFLX has a DPP footprint for standard size pistols.

I purchased the EFLX a few days ago when it was in stock at B&H. The design and build quality of the EFLX is fantastic (just like other EOTECH products). However, I ended up returning it the same day since it was longer than Hellcat cutout and wider than the slide (which I probably could have lived with if it fit into the cutout).

In order to install it, you'll definitely need some kind of mounting plate -- which means the EFLX would sit on top of the slide. And it would definitively be too high to co-witness with the iron sights (if that matters to you).

Since the Springfield site shows the Hellcat equipped with the Shield SMSc & RMSc, I decided to get the SMSc instead. Springfield has this version of the SMSc available in their store. That one has a polymer (plastic) lens, so I decided to purchase the version of the SMSc with a glass lens elsewhere instead. I saw several reviews stating the plastic lens was easy to scratch -- and the glass version was only about $50 more.

I haven't received the SMSc yet, but everything I read states it can be mounted directly to the Hellcat with no modifications. And that's what the Hellcat photos on the Springfield site (and this video) seem to show too.

1693772186960.png

1693772304695.png

1693772343995.png

Last edited:
I purchased the EFLX a few days ago when it was in stock at B&H. The design and build quality of the EFLX is fantastic (just like other EOTECH products). However, I ended up returning it the same day since it was longer than Hellcat cutout and wider than the slide (which I probably could have lived with if it fit into the cutout).

In order to install it, you'll definitely need some kind of mounting plate -- which means the EFLX would sit on top of the slide. And it would definitively be too high to co-witness with the iron sights (if that matters to you).

Since the Springfield site shows the Hellcat equipped with the Shield SMSc & RMSc, I decided to get the SMSc instead. Springfield has this version of the SMSc available in their store. That one has a polymer (plastic) lens, so I decided to purchase the version of the SMSc with a glass lens elsewhere instead. I saw several reviews stating the plastic lens was easy to scratch -- and the glass version was only about $50 more.

I haven't received the SMSc yet, but everything I read states it can be mounted directly to the Hellcat with no modifications. And that's what the Hellcat photos on the Springfield site (and this video) seem to show too.
Seems to be a popular sight for micro compacts.

To correct what I shared above, this page on the Shield site explains the difference between the two SMSc sights:

The Shield Mini Sight Compact (SMSc) is an all new version of our RMSc built for Everyday Carry and singlestack pistols. The SMSc is built in a nylon glass filled polymer and has an option of a New Si02 Quartz hard coating or Glass Lens for extra resilience to the daily wear and tear of shooting.

In the Springfield store, it states the version they are selling has a "quartz-coated polymer lens" (which is the glass version). Their current price of $249.99 is the best deal around at the moment since it also includes the screws needed to install it on a Hellcat. If you buy the sight elsewhere, you'll likely need to buy this hardware kit separately from Springfield.

One downside of the Shield mounts is that the battery is on the bottom of the sight. That means you'll need to remove it in order to change the battery -- which will involve removing the screws, cleaning them, reapplying blue Loctite, and possibly readjusting the sight.

1693857137423.png

Shield claims the battery will last 2-3 years or up to 4 years if the gun is mostly stored in a dark location.

Last edited:
To correct what I shared above, this page on the Shield site explains the difference between the two SMSc sights:

In the Springfield store, it states the version they are selling has a "quartz-coated polymer lens" (which is the glass version). Their current price of $249.99 is the best deal around at the moment since it also includes the screws needed to install it on a Hellcat. If you buy the sight elsewhere, you'll likely need to buy this hardware kit separately from Springfield.

One downside of the Shield mounts is that the battery is on the bottom of the sight. That means you'll need to remove it in order to change the battery -- which will involve removing the screws, cleaning them, reapplying blue Loctite, and possibly readjusting the sight.

View attachment 43224

Shield claims the battery will last 2-3 years or up to 4 years if the gun is mostly stored in a dark location.
I have several of these, the battery on the one I leave out uncovered in the light lasted just over a year, the other one is still going. Also as I have noted elsewhere, when using Loktite on the mounting screws, I would use very little and set the gun upside down to dry when applying to the one hole that goes through the slide to the ejector.

as I have noted elsewhere, when using Loktite on the mounting screws, I would use very little and set the gun upside down to dry when applying to the one hole that goes through the slide to the ejector
Thanks for sharing! I did see that mention over in this thread:

Back