testtest

Expert Tips for Accurate Shooting

I think covering all the bases is the way to go. Sometimes shooting on a small target can be frustrating because everything outside that target is a “failure”. An IDPA target A zone feels like shooting a billboard in comparison and is much more conducive to successful rapid fire shooting and movement because the level of accuracy is so much more flexible.

It’s when you bring it all together that thing get so rewarding. I was doing a course with programmed moving targets and the instructor was going on about making good shots under stress and when it was my turn he was giving it the bigun’ and as the target turned toward me I drilled it dead center at 15yds. The talking stopped and I put my gun down. I find it stressful shooting IDPA or steel targets because it feels like cheating.
My previous post was not directed at anyone other than myself for the record. As I have stated here on many occasions my targets are nothing to write home about. Certainly not in the same league as you guys. That's why I don't post my targets. So I stick to my strengths, if we can call them that. I do moderately well at hitting things that are moving while I am also moving. Not really a one ragged hole kinda guy but if you're trying to kill me there's a pretty fair chance I'm putting a bunch of holes in you too, or first whichever the case may be. :)

My previous post was not directed at anyone other than myself for the record. As I have stated here on many occasions my targets are nothing to write home about. Certainly not in the same league as you guys. That's why I don't post my targets. So I stick to my strengths, if we can call them that. I do moderately well at hitting things that are moving while I am also moving. Not really a one ragged hole kinda guy but if you're trying to kill me there's a pretty fair chance I'm putting a bunch of holes in you too, or first whichever the case may be. :)
Shooting targets at 7-10 yards, taking your time, with a dot isn't very difficult. Shooting at a bad guy that's shooting at you is a whole different story.

Yes there are some very good marksmen/women in our forum. I was mainly referring to myself.
I would keep the bulk of your sessions at or under 15 yards. And as best you can, try to meet a goal of acceptable combat accuracy and speed with an elevated heart rate. It's about as close as you can get to the adrenalin dump you will feel if you are in an actual gunfight so it's a good idea to do a lot of your shooting that way. Of course be careful not to push too hard brother.

I would keep the bulk of your sessions at or under 15 yards. And as best you can, try to meet a goal of acceptable combat accuracy and speed with an elevated heart rate. It's about as close as you can get to the adrenalin dump you will feel if you are in an actual gunfight so it's a good idea to do a lot of your shooting that way. Of course be careful not to push too hard brother.
Good advice, I will.

Back