testtest

Favorite caliber, not cartridge!

.22 caliber is my favorite in both rifles and pistols. I have revolvers and semi-autos in .22 LR and .22 WMR, which are my favorite for plinking and target shooting. Plinking with my Marlin Model 60 or Ruger 10-22's is always a blast. .22 LR may not be the best defensive cartridge, but IMHO .22 WMR is highly underrated for defensive purposes. The ammo is cheap (when/if you can find it), and some of my greatest memories are shooting assorted .22 cartridges with my sons and their cousins on the family land. I own many other calibers, and each serves its own purpose, but the .22 will always be my favorite.

.22 caliber is my favorite in both rifles and pistols. I have revolvers and semi-autos in .22 LR and .22 WMR, which are my favorite for plinking and target shooting. Plinking with my Marlin Model 60 or Ruger 10-22's is always a blast. .22 LR may not be the best defensive cartridge, but IMHO .22 WMR is highly underrated for defensive purposes. The ammo is cheap (when/if you can find it), and some of my greatest memories are shooting assorted .22 cartridges with my sons and their cousins on the family land. I own many other calibers, and each serves its own purpose, but the .22 will always be my favorite.
☝☝☝
There's a lot to be liked about that right there!

Gauge & caliber are not synonomous

Shotguns are classed according to gauge, a related expression. The gauge of a shotgun refers to how many lead spheres, each with a diameter equal to that of the bore, amount to one pound (approximately 454 grams) in weight. In the case of a 12-gauge shotgun, it would take 12 spheres the size of the shotgun's bore to equal a pound

Yes, I understand all that. You wanted me to go into all that in my post just in case some of the people here were under the illusion that gauge and caliber are the same? Should I have mic'ed the inside of my 12 gauge so I could list the diameter in a familiar number? Do you think the OP specifically meant to leave shotguns out of the thread? What do you want from me man? :)

Yes, I understand all that. You wanted me to go into all that in my post just in case some of the people here were under the illusion that gauge and caliber are the same? Should I have mic'ed the inside of my 12 gauge so I could list the diameter in a familiar number? Do you think the OP specifically meant to leave shotguns out of the thread? What do you want from me man? :)
Come on man. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Y
Yeah, that was a hilariously bad idea. Nothing good ever comes from invading Russia. Those people are hard as nails as the winters are worth millions of soldiers

In one of my more famous " Really bad ideas", when I went to college, back in, I don't know, '87 or something, I decided to major in Russian history. I have no idea what kind of living I thought I could make with that degree, but I was always a Russophile so I pretty much concentrated my classes to things I wanted to learn about. Eventually I saw the error of my ways, after a couple years, and wound up majoring in political science with a minor in English. Now I dig holes in the street at a job I only needed a high school education for and make more money than my wife, who has 3 degrees and is a CPA. :)

Back on point. Yeah there aren't many ways one could successfully invade Russia and any plan that leaves you there after November is bound for disaster. Even when you put them on the run they burn the cities as they leave. Now you're deeper in the interior, have no provisions and no way to get any. The only leaders who would send their men on such a campaign are insane megalomaniacs. :)

Ok to stay on topic.
45ACP
40SW
5.56/.223
In that order

I love all those calibers too. I believe in what my dad told me as a kid. Of course he was talking about women, but the same thing applies to guns. He said, " Be like Jesus and love them all". :)

I prefer the 30-06 over the .308, but that's mostly because I have a few 30-06s and years ago I had to sell my .308 for grocery money and I never got around to getting another one.

Back