testtest

Fiocchi Hyperformance Review — 10mm Auto Ammo for Handgun Hunting

The bullet weight/type is a little too light, and the velocity is a bit too weak for Griz.

No gel and/or heavy muscle/bone penetration tests in the article so IMO it's an opinion piece.

May work fine for all those wilderness areas back east for dangerous domestic animals .

Last edited:
I'll have to give some a try. My 3.8" 10mm really loved and shot the Browning X-point ammo very very well. Unfortunately it is no longer available.
I've shot the Barnes .45acp 185gr copper ammo out of my 3.8" XDM-e and it loves it. It's very easy to get 1.5" groups at 25yrds all day long.

Yep - lately a few ammo manufacturers (they know who they are) are putting hyperformance, superperformance etc on the boxes to upsell stuff, claiming new power, better powder etc. My better 10mm loads have been 780 ft lbs to 820ish. Not "chasing" .41 magnum just fulfulling the Cooper vision of what the loading could be. Show me a modern .41 magnum semiauto handgun btw, I'll wait.

Yep - lately a few ammo manufacturers (they know who they are) are putting hyperformance, superperformance etc on the boxes to upsell stuff, claiming new power, better powder etc. My better 10mm loads have been 780 ft lbs to 820ish. Not "chasing" .41 magnum just fulfulling the Cooper vision of what the loading could be. Show me a modern .41 magnum semiauto handgun btw, I'll wait.
If I may ask , what length barrel are you using to get that ft lbs rating?

I have had reservations about their product line though the company seems to enjoy a good reputation. I had an experience with some of their ammo exhibiting apparently "light strikes" & failure to fire. A handloader of 40 years, this appeared to me to be due to "high primers" that likely moved into the case on firing pin impact (full floating pin in a S&W Model 28 in good repair & no spring lightening.) Always serious, if it occurred in an auto it gets real complicated if a defense matter.

Attachments

• primerssm2.jpg
    primerssm2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 17
I remember when the 10mm first came out, the Norma loads were hot, todays 10mm is downloaded, don’t know why, but when I shot the Norma ammo in my Delta Elite, you couldn’t hardly find the cases which were violently ejected, todays ammo is wimpy compared to the older stuff

I agree Anni - too many manufacturers followed the "lead" of the bureau thinking that a downloading would goose sales and may increase adoption. I want the full load stuff - keep the .40 powered 10mm for the range.

Or Fiocchi (a known ammo maker) is making it for Barnes (just a bullet maker).
The Barnes has been out a looong time. In fact they were owned by Remington an ammo manufacturer 😉

As a matter of fact Corbon, was actually making ammunition with Barnes bullets. After Barnes was swallowed up by Remington, Corbon no longer could buy the bullets. Remington starve them from these bullets and developed ammo for Barnes.

I remember when the 10mm first came out, the Norma loads were hot, todays 10mm is downloaded, don’t know why, but when I shot the Norma ammo in my Delta Elite, you couldn’t hardly find the cases which were violently ejected, todays ammo is wimpy compared to the older stuff
There's actually information out there where Norma actually started downloading the 10mm back in the day, before the FBI downloaded the 10mm
Yes the first Norma was hot!

if I am in GRIZZLY country nothing less than 44 mag for me and to be honest,,,,a 20 or 12 gauge pump loaded with brenneke rifled slugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I don't know about anyone else but I sure don't want to go hand to paw with one of those big brusiers

Back