testtest

First Look: Tisas D10 10mm 1911 Pistol

This is very interesting, Tisas is now making a 10mm 1911 for under $800.00, and it’s really loaded, very nice looking pistol.

Nice looking, I’ll keep an open mind and look at one at the end of the year after some reviews.

Looks like they aimed to make a Ronin killer. Front strap checkering, no FO rod in front sight, adjustable rear sight, G10 grips, ambi safety, extra mag included, $150 less...

This is very interesting, Tisas is now making a 10mm 1911 for under $800.00, and it’s really loaded, very nice looking pistol.

although i do have at least 1 Tisas 1911, it is in 45 ACP, and to me, no matter the gun maker, i have no interest in any other caliber. But, the Tisas brand itself is a very good, dependable well built brand. what i found interesting too, is that the MSH is metal on the Tisas, a 1911 that cost me under $450. where as my Kimber 2 tone, that cost me nearly $1,000, had a plastic MSH.....

something tells me, a more expensive gun should have been better equipped.
Use “advanced search tab” in the forum tool bar.
Type in Turkey and for user, Killerford1977

You have about 4-5 hours of reading over the years of this forum 😉😏🤪🤪
frankly sir....i don't believe any of us have THAT MUCH TIME here on earth to read thru all your posts, regarding the country of Turkey, or thier firearms..

can you give us a brief, VERY brief synopsis, so that we may die in peace knowing your reasons..??

rather than to die a slow death...????

:p

Ok curiosity gets the better of me lol. Dislike the actual country, or thier gun industry in general? Beg Pardon if it's a personal question.
although i do have at least 1 Tisas 1911, it is in 45 ACP, and to me, no matter the gun maker, i have no interest in any other caliber. But, the Tisas brand itself is a very good, dependable well built brand. what i found interesting too, is that the MSH is metal on the Tisas, a 1911 that cost me under $450. where as my Kimber 2 tone, that cost me nearly $1,000, had a plastic MSH.....

something tells me, a more expensive gun should have been better equipped.

frankly sir....i don't believe any of us have THAT MUCH TIME here on earth to read thru all your posts, regarding the country of Turkey, or thier firearms..

can you give us a brief, VERY brief synopsis, so that we may die in peace knowing your reasons..??

rather than to die a slow death...????

:p
Old_Me got the truth out of me: here ya go:

disdain (s) (noun), disdains (pl)
1. A strong disapproval or dislike of someone or something which is considered undeserving of respect: The mayor regarded the proposal for building a shopping center in the city park with disdain.
2. Etymology: from Middle English from Old French desdeign, desdeignier; based on Latin dedignari from de-, "reversal" + dignari, "to consider worthy" from dignus,"worthy, deserving recognition".
1656598057317.jpeg

1. A strong disapproval or dislike of someone or something which is considered undeserving of respect: The mayor regarded the proposal for building a shopping center in the city park with disdain.
2. Etymology: from Middle English from Old French desdeign, desdeignier; based on Latin dedignari from de-, "reversal" + dignari, "to consider worthy" from dignus,"worthy, deserving recognition".
View attachment 28529
well, only about a quarter of information was taken out of you..

now i can die a bit quicker, if i and everyone else KNEW WHY, you have a disdain of Turkey and thier firearms..

there is an old song..."killing me softly with his song".....

should i email Ms Flack to rewrite her song to..

"Killerford is killing us slowly with his disadian of Turkey"...????

well, only about a quarter of information was taken out of you..

now i can die a bit quicker, if i and everyone else KNEW WHY, you have a disdain of Turkey and thier firearms..

there is an old song..."killing me softly with his song".....

should i email Ms Flack to rewrite her song to..

"Killerford is killing us slowly with his disadian of Turkey"...????

Love that song…. I like your rewrite as well …

I’ve had soooooo many Turkish pistols and shotguns break down and not function in my hands. Also shooting with folks who own Turkish shotguns and pistols that break down in my presence, that I refuse to buy them.

Life’s too short for crap guns

View attachment 28529
CD9787D8-8826-4A54-8AD7-05A0002C8C9A.gif

For what it’s worth, I actually just took ownership of a Tisas Duty BR in 9mm this week. I read a good review of them in combat handgun and thought for $480 I could afford for it to be crap. As soon as I opened up the plastic case I was pleasantly surprised. The gun is very nice looking, cerakoted in a rich, satin black. I was expecting it to be that dead, flat black, but not so. As mentioned above it has a metal MSH (I also own a Kimber with the plastic MSH). It came with two magazines that are the black anti-friction finish, a bore brush, plastic rod for cleaning patches, and a branded bushing wrench. I took it home, cleaned and lubed it and inspected the overall build quality which looks very good, no machining marks to be seen. Forged frame with rail, slide and barrel. And a nice aesthetic touch is the take down lever is recessed into the frame on the right side. After cleaning I rushed off to the range and ran a quick 50 rounds of 124gr Browning FMJs which all ran without any issue and all delivered themselves on a target in a much more cooperative fashion than either of my P30s mentioned in my other post. Oh and the other thing, it has a very light smooth 3lb 8oz pull. I was genuinely surprise by this. So, at this moment I’m pretty pleased. I will continue to report back and we will see if this gun turns out to be a Turkish Delight or a member of @KillerFord1977’s wall of Shame. As a matter of transparency, I have enjoyed time in Turkey as a guest of their Air Force and their military/industrial sector and was impressed in every way possible.

Last edited:

I’ve had soooooo many Turkish pistols and shotguns break down and not function in my hands. Also shooting with folks who own Turkish shotguns and pistols that break down in my presence, that I refuse to buy them.

We all have our things we disdane, dislike, or are prejudice against. I am an archery snob. I dislike compound and crossbow shooters calling themselves archers when in truth they are simply arrow shooters. There is no skill the true archer works for years to attain.

We all have them about sonething.

For what it’s worth, I actually just took ownership of a Tisas Duty BR in 9mm this week. I read a good review of them in combat handgun and thought for $480 I could afford for it to be crap. As soon as I opened up the plastic case I was pleasantly surprised. The gun is very nice looking, cerakoted in a rich, satin black. I was expecting it to be that dead, flat black, but not so. As mentioned above it has a metal MSH (I also own a Kimber with the plastic MSH). It came with two magazines that are the black anti-friction finish, a bore brush, plastic rod for cleaning patches, and a branded bushing wrench. I took it home, cleaned and lubed it and inspected the overall build quality which looks very good, no machining marks to be seen. Forged frame with rail, slide and barrel. And a nice aesthetic touch is the take down lever is recessed into the frame on the right side. After cleaning I rushed off to the range and ran a quick 50 rounds of 124gr Browning FMJs which all ran without any issue and all delivered themselves on a target in a much more cooperative fashion than either of my P30s mentioned in my other post. Oh and the other thing, it has a very light smooth 3lb 8oz pull. I was genuinely surprise by this. So, at this moment I’m pretty pleased. I will continue to report back and we will see if this gun turns out to be a Turkish Delight or a member if @KillerFord1977’s wall of Shame. As a matter of transparency, I have enjoyed time in Turkey as a guest of their Air Force and their military/industrial sector and was impressed in every way possible.

my personal opinion on many firearms made in other countries, then imported here is that they usually offer more bang for the buck, to get interest built up in thier brand.
think of the first years of Honda, Toyota, and thier econobox cars, with an AM/FM radio, where American cars, back in the same time period, you had to pay extra for just an AM radio.

if thier products were crap, military and security/police would be in a world of hurt for weapons.

products are made better these days, than in the past.

i can understand the breakdowns and malfunctions of anything built in thier infancy. but when there are decades of produced products, and not as many problems as American products, i can chance buying firearms from foreign lands. as it is, my Hellcat, is made in Croatia.......not America.

what do we know about Croatian made firearms...??

frankly, not too much, but S/A is buying them, shipping them here, and we are buying them.

and are all of these 100% perfect..???

HS Produkt d.o.o. is a Croatian firearms manufacturing company, best known for design and production of the HS2000 and XDM series of semi-automatic pistols, which are sold in the United States market by Springfield Armory, Inc., under their XD, XD-S, XD-M, and Hellcat brandings.
Headquarters: Ozalj, Karlovac, Croatia
Products: Pistols, assault rifles, grenade launc...
Industry: Firearms, Defense

The D10 Dio...dios X I put these together and I come up with I'll take you to your maker. Dios- Spanish for God
Ok I looked too deep into the pistol. But if you look at the Urban Dictionary of DIOX
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=diox
It's a whole different animal...

Back