testtest

Flip up sights on the Saint.... Magpul?

Well this morning I was on the phone with my FFL and with Springfield. I was told by SA customer service that as of last week all new rifles were indeed shipped with Magpul sights due to supply shortages but high demand for the rifles themselves. In fact he even went on to say that they might just stick with the Magpul going forward. Who knows if that will happen but for the time being it seems they are going with the Magpul. He proceeded to tell me the Magpul was just as good or better which is no doubt true but part of me just wanted that Springfield insignia.

Well this morning I was on the phone with my FFL and with Springfield. I was told by SA customer service that as of last week all new rifles were indeed shipped with Magpul sights due to supply shortages but high demand for the rifles themselves. In fact he even went on to say that they might just stick with the Magpul going forward. Who knows if that will happen but for the time being it seems they are going with the Magpul. He proceeded to tell me the Magpul was just as good or better which is no doubt true but part of me just wanted that Springfield insignia.
BO I sent you a email through the forum.

Springfields reply sounds solid especially considering that design changes happen all the time in products as time goes on with features being added, changed or even taken away sometimes.

The positive is that it's not like you were promised one thing and given something different like a classic case of bait and switch.

Springfield & Magpul both make a great product!

Enjoy your new gun! 😁👍

Big shout out to Keystone19250 for helping me out with the SA irons. Just thought I'd share a picture of my new toy. Loads of fun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-150254.png
    Screenshot_20200523-150254.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 419
Hi first time post. Just purchased my first ever AR and after research decided on the Saint. My local gun shop had a new one and I purchased it. Upon getting home I realized the installed flip up sights on front and rear were MBUS plastic ones, not the metal Springfield ones. This really angers me, is it possible Springfield now ships them this way or did my shop pocket the metal ones? I want to know a little something before I start throwing accusations around. Would this be an acceptable business practice in the gun world? Gun was advertised as new in box. Thanks for any input.
Well, my Edge PDW had NO sights when I picked it up yesterday (7/8/2020). My FFL did not open the sealed box until I was there to pick it up. I have called them and been informed "we never shipped the Edge Series with sights". I was "like stand by bro, email incoming". I wrote them an email showing MULTIPLE photos of current Edge Series Ar's, both rifle and pistol for sale right now that have sights on them. I contacted the dealers, who confirmed that they CAME with them at no extra charge and were included on the EDGE series. I also sent them a clip of SA Sales Rep Mike Humphries saying at the SHOT 2020 Show that the EDGE Series "comes with iron sights". That clip is on the Guns America YT channel, and was part of my decision to order and pay for the PDW several months ago. Apparently there is a supply problem that they are choosing to hide/lie/steal about.

This is bait and switch on its face. They have altered some photos of these weapons on the website, but the internet is forever. I basically feel like they stole 100$ from me. That's what the iron sights I expected on my PDW cost on the SA website for sale right now. All they had to do was throw a voucher in the box with the Edge PDW and I would have understood, but instead I get "we never supplied iron sights on these guns". It is a bald face lie.

I cannot speak for the PDW, but my Edge came with the metal SA flip-up sights.
They all (Edge Series) did until about a week ago, apparently. Check out the website. All photos of the Edge PDW and Evac have been changed. The 10.3 also. This is all new, and they are not acknowledging this is wrong. Well, I just a no name guy, but I won't shut up about this. I work for my money, and ordered this weapon while looking at what was included. I have a safe full of SA firearms, and over the years I even approved them for my team's use and purchase. This is not what I ever expected from SA.

They all (Edge Series) did until about a week ago, apparently. Check out the website. All photos of the Edge PDW and Evac have been changed. The 10.3 also. This is all new, and they are not acknowledging this is wrong. Well, I just a no name guy, but I won't shut up about this. I work for my money, and ordered this weapon while looking at what was included. I have a safe full of SA firearms, and over the years I even approved them for my team's use and purchase. This is not what I ever expected from SA.
Someone else on this forum had an issue with sights being the Magpul ones instead of the SA metal and it had to do with a supply issue. I wonder if this could be related?

Someone else on this forum had an issue with sights being the Magpul ones instead of the SA metal and it had to do with a supply issue. I wonder if this could be related?
Again, like I said in my correspondence with them, if supply was the problem, simply throw a voucher in the bag with the gun, and I totally understand that. But nothing. Then the phone call where Dante said "oh we have never shipped those with sights"...... wut? They are all over Gunbroker with the spring loaded metal sights.

Yes. It is much appreciated.
The PDW is intended for my unit and I cannot use it without backup irons.

I am a man of principle, and if Springfield does the right thing, I will make them available to the next forum member that needs them.

Thanks all,
Shane
Shane,
Did you see the thread we were on earlier has “disappeared”? Did the private message that guy sent you have any useful info?

He did. Someone deleted it?
Shane,
Did you see the thread we were on earlier has “disappeared”? Did the private message that guy sent you have any useful info?
Yep it’s gone. Guess my posted email was too much for someone. Fine, there are other more official ways to handle this.
Shame that the truth (every word of it) can’t be shared with fellow customers.

I agree totally, the Edge Line had always included the good metal flip up sights, it was one of the draws of their premium line. Since it's introduction at Shot Show, the PDW had always been advertised as having the iron sights included. I was going to be going to my local shop and placing a PDW on back order but now I'm considering going with a Galil Ace Pistol instead. I'm more than a little disappointed with Springfield Armory over this.

I agree totally, the Edge Line had always included the good metal flip up sights, it was one of the draws of their premium line. Since it's introduction at Shot Show, the PDW had always been advertised as having the iron sights included. I was going to be going to my local shop and placing a PDW on back order but now I'm considering going with a Galil Ace Pistol instead. I'm more than a little disappointed with Springfield Armory over this.
Just got mine, well i pickup tomorrow they called as soon as i got home today and said my delay yes delay is over and i can go pickit up and btw it doesn't have sights on it either, even though the description from Smokey Mountain Guns not only shows a picture of it with sights it states it as a standard feature. Bumbed but still love the little guy, I also have the Maxim Defense PDW in ARID Color and TBH they knocked it way way out of the park with that one, and its fully interchangeable with uppers like 5.56, 7.62x39, and even 300BO in 5.5" soon to come in a month 8.5" and in November 10.5" all interchangeable with the lower. Check that bad boy out before , and BTW they sell direct from their website and i got mine delivered to my FFL in like 3 days from when I ordered it. I love Springfield don't get me wrong, waiting 5 months to finally get a PDW was hard but worth it as I wouldn't have found the Maxim. i carry a Hellcat FDE EDC which matches this gun, sorry springfield. lol
1597713770255.png

mine, i took a picture of it, pick her up tomorrow, notice neither have sights though lol
1597714269924.png

Back