testtest

Floating Cities: Nimitz-Class Aircraft Carriers

That picture reminds me of an Irish pub we found in Bahrain, good food, great booze, and pretty Expat Irish girls
Dubai, Jebel ALI and Bahrain...what do these 3 have in common??? great CUBAN cigars by the BOX at superb prices.
at the time getting Monte cristos to the states was forbidden so we would buy cases ( 200.00) and then smoke one a night on the return voyage home.. sometimes....we didnt smoke them all and they found their way to my house :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dubai, Jebel ALI and Bahrain...what do these 3 have in common??? great CUBAN cigars by the BOX at superb prices.
at the time getting Monte cristos to the states was forbidden so we would buy cases ( 200.00) and then smoke one a night on the return voyage home.. sometimes....we didnt smoke them all and they found their way to my house :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Don't forget Canada, there's been Cuban or two come back off liberty in Victoria BC.........

Don't forget Canada, there's been Cuban or two come back off liberty in Victoria BC.........
my last deployment...being on a FFG..very small crew overall. and under NATO control.
our CPO mess and Officers mess were allowed to bring spirits onboard for storage until we left ship at end of deployment or in port somewhere. saved lots of cash that way.

we would hit liquor stores or groceries in the different countries and buy large amounts of local wines (Spanish and italian the best) cubans and spirits. when we arrived in Rhode island to disembark at deployment end ..i had 2 large steel foot lockers 2x3x3.5 filled with booze and cubans , customs agent asked what was in the boxes as they off loaded ALL our stuff to the pier, already bagged and banded up on huge tri wall containers (4x4x4 cardboard shipping containers).. i said ALCOHOL, the whole lot of 22 tri walls... the guy said OK and stamped our gear ... never mind most was helicopter gear . it was an aha moment..i thought for sure they would demand to open then all up.
no tax, no inspections, nothing..i bet he thought we were full of crap..but at least 3 of those tri wall containers were full of booze, cigars etc that our crew hmm purchased, then i brought it on board and locked it up.

my last deployment...being on a FFG..very small crew overall. and under NATO control.
our CPO mess and Officers mess were allowed to bring spirits onboard for storage until we left ship at end of deployment or in port somewhere. saved lots of cash that way.

we would hit liquor stores or groceries in the different countries and buy large amounts of local wines (Spanish and italian the best) cubans and spirits. when we arrived in Rhode island to disembark at deployment end ..i had 2 large steel foot lockers 2x3x3.5 filled with booze and cubans , customs agent asked what was in the boxes as they off loaded ALL our stuff to the pier, already bagged and banded up on huge tri wall containers (4x4x4 cardboard shipping containers).. i said ALCOHOL, the whole lot of 22 tri walls... the guy said OK and stamped our gear ... never mind most was helicopter gear . it was an aha moment..i thought for sure they would demand to open then all up.
no tax, no inspections, nothing..i bet he thought we were full of crap..but at least 3 of those tri wall containers were full of booze, cigars etc that our crew hmm purchased, then i brought it on board and locked it up.
i take it, you were at Newport..??

big Navy city.

Quonset Point as well...lots of Navy apartment buildings at Quonset still

i take it, you were at Newport..??

big Navy city.

Quonset Point as well...lots of Navy apartment buildings at Quonset still
nope
mayport florida, our ship and the other dets ship with us, choose to sneak into rhode island to off load the air wing (US), then sail to norfolk for their homecoming, they picked up Tigers in rhode island to ride back to norfolk with the parent sailor. its a cool deal for at the time male family members to get a sea event with a relative.
we caught rides to air terminal and then walked across street to an eatery and waited for DA PLANE to carry us home :ROFLMAO:

nope
mayport florida, our ship and the other dets ship with us, choose to sneak into rhode island to off load the air wing (US), then sail to norfolk for their homecoming, they picked up Tigers in rhode island to ride back to norfolk with the parent sailor. its a cool deal for at the time male family members to get a sea event with a relative.
we caught rides to air terminal and then walked across street to an eatery and waited for DA PLANE to carry us home :ROFLMAO:
oh, you said Rhode Island, so i thought the Naval base in Newport..i have/had no idea we had tigers here......what zoo were you taking them too.???

oh, you said Rhode Island, so i thought the Naval base in Newport..i have/had no idea we had tigers here......what zoo were you taking them too.???
tigers///AKA family of sailors onboard the ship . its a neat thing for the family members to get to see a day in the life at sea...we occupied 22 beds. so off loading us..freed up 22 sleeping spaces :ROFLMAO:

We hit Perth and Freemantle and in my exploration of Perth I found a military surplus store that had a bayonet for the Lee Enfield No I, and I bought it. Then came the revelation that I had to get back aboard ship...........
I pulled the cord from the hood of my hoodie, put the scabbard tip in my pocket watch pocket, then used the hoodie cord to tie the hilt under my arm and put my coat on. That bayonet came state side the hard way lol.

I had a couple Phillipino sailers that brought Balutes by the gross on at Pusan and ate that vile crap for months after we left South Korea.

I had a couple Phillipino sailers that brought Balutes by the gross on at Pusan and ate that vile crap for months after we left South Korea.
My first ship was home ported out of Guam. The first port we’s hit on the inchop and last on the outchop was always Subic Bay, so I spent a lot of time in the Philippines.

We‘d take every one of our new guys out and get them hammered on San Miguel’s and mojo for their first time in Olongapo. On the way back to the ship we’d always stop and get them monkey on a stick and finish the night by getting them Balut. Always a fun time to watch them puke their guts out after their first bite of Balut.

Back