testtest

For discussion - what is it about Glock Culture.....?

Glock's secret weapon: Atlanta topless joints
IMG_2620.gif

I don't have a Glock or want one. There are so many models and generations, I need a spreadsheet to figure them out. Trust me, I don't wanna know. They are more prolific than cockroaches and every mail order company has a crapload of doodads, accessories, sights, triggers, barrels, mags and dress up items. They kinda crowd out the other makers.
I don't buy the Glock Perfection schtick either, but if you really want to own one, go for it.
My 5 cents after adjusting for inflation. :cool:

LOL...

"Top 6 reasons why people are getting rid of Glocks -
Interesting points - watch video for more elaboration.
1. No Innovation.
A. One of the major attractions for Glock owners is the fact that they don't just drop a series or model and move on to something new. I love the fact that a gen three mag will work in almost everything else. Most of the sights are interchangeable and so on. It is enough for me to not buy something when you know that there isn't going to be support for it in the future (I'm talking specifically to S&W and Ruger from a personal standpoint).

2. Ugly
A. Anyone who does not know what a Glock looks like.... well.....? Pretty sure that you know what they look like going in.

3. The Glock culture
A. Pretty sure all the gun companies have their zealots. The Ruger forum I skulk around on from time to time is like that. Don't compare anything to Glock. It's like firing up the trailer park. A Smith site I peruse only gets riled when it is a M&P vs. Glock (for the most part).

4. Plastic
A. And.... Not enough metal guns I agree. Also not enough DA/SA (CZ, you are my sunshine)

5. No thumb safety
A. This is a lack of research issue, but I can see this. Especially if you have kids or stupid people in the household.

6. They don't make a micro compact.
A. I'm on the post as to weather the 43x counts. The 42 and 43 fit though. I mean I'm pretty lazy and I'll carry my 43x. So it can't be that big.

"Friends don't let friends buy Ford/Chevy/Dodge/Glock/HiPoint/H&K/S&W etc., etc." Each brand has its pros and cons. It comes down to what you like/prefer, are most comfortable with and shoot well. Also what you are most comfortable stripping and cleaning, doing minor repairs to, modifications, etc. Glocks are simple and reliable. The best firearm out there is one that you handle and shoot well, and are confident in your ability to defend yourself and your loved ones with. It is the one you can say, without a shadow of a doubt, you can rely on with your life. And that is different for every individual. I respect all the brands out there, and peoples choices of owning them. Even the revolver curmudgeons
🤪 To each their own.

Is Glock the only firearm, that when criticized gets this kind of reaction?
NOPE! Travel back in time to 75-80, go to a ISPC match (might have been called combat pistol then I don't remember when they changed the name) and start putting down or even questioning a 1911. Col. Coppers acolytes/1911 users make Glock fan boys look like a bunch of giggling schoolgirls. ;)

Nothing about grip angle? That is probably the MOST cited reason folks I've interacted with don't like Glocks. That's why I don't own one, or likely will get one. GFG has some good content, but he's all about scaring people into watching his videos...
The only reason I don't own any Glocks is the grip angle. They check all the other boxes for me. Though I would change the triggers.

Go on HKPro and tell them that there are better guns than the P30 series and USP, or oddly enough, how good the VP9 is and you might as well say God is a hoax. 1911 forum and 1911 Addicts is the same if you discuss the viability of the 1911 as a carry gun or it levels of reliability. And obviously Glock Talk brings out the crazies when you mention any of the Austrian Wonder’s peculiarities. I find Sig Talk, The High Road and this forum, with this one on top by a country mile, to be the best forums to have a sensible measured discussion on just about anything. What I like about The Armory Life is it is more like a social club that discusses, among many other things, firearms and our passion for them in general. There is the greatest sense of community here.

As for Glocks, I’ve made it clear many times that style plays a big part of my selection process with anything, and although Glock certainly has a unique style, it is not for me. I did buy a Gucci Glock - a Shadow Systems DR 920 Elite - but I just did not like the trigger. It shot very well, and was dripping with style, but wasn’t fun to shoot, so it sits boxed up in my closet ready for a new owner.

I lasted a couple days there. F that place.

Back