testtest

Ford Mustang GTD Will Have 815 HP and a 202-MPH Top Speed

‘Cause ya need a 200 mile per hour car ta get ta work🙄. Seriously, why? 4 decades ago I had a new, first gen, VW GTI. It only had 90 ponies, and was pretty light. It was not “fast” by any stretch of the imagination, BUTit delivered great power and acceleration up to a little past 75 mph (which is where you actually “drive” ( remember the National speed limit was 55). My buddy had a new mustang with a 302 and the little VW would soundly spank him for 1/8 mile-everytime. He’d beat me through the quarter by 3-4 cars (also everytime). That little car was Huge fun to drive because the power was where you could actually USE it. I drove a hellcat a couple years ago. Sounded great, but you couldn’t use 1/2 the ponies it was putting down. Different strokes I guess.
Because it’s America. Why not ?

Ok, maybe some remote spot in west Texas😊. Still for most of us either the road’s not long enough, smooth enough, or free of traffic enough that it’s even a possibility. (And if it IS, there’s a very bored cop with a radio who’d love you to “make my day”)
There's a stretch of road between Portales and roswell NM of absolutely nothing. 90 miles of flatland. When I had my '65 vette i made it across there in 42 minutes . After hitting 136 the car would start floating. Never got to 160 on the speed-o.

you forgot the people who spend more on their cars than their houses:ROFLMAO:. certain places i've driven has a $10k house and a $100k vehicle
some put more value on a depreciating vehicle, than an appreciating roof over thier heads.

the first "used and abused" or rebuilt wreck of one of these, will prove how quickly they lost value.

never buy a used sports car, unless you personally knew the owner, and how he or she drove it.

This rascal feels fast because it is low and a little loud. And I guess it is fairly fast...2100 pounds, 345 Horse 302, Tremec five speed. But I got it because it makes me feel like I am 17 again, bombing around town in my MG with a Monza exhaust. Except the Cobra is reliable and makes enough horsepower to pull a Boy Scout off your Granny, which I could not say about the MG. Sometimes a fella just buys a car for fun!
Cobra front 2.JPG

Attachments

• In the Sun.JPG
    In the Sun.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
This rascal feels fast because it is low and a little loud. And I guess it is fairly fast...2100 pounds, 345 Horse 302, Tremec five speed. But I got it because it makes me feel like I am 17 again, bombing around town in my MG with a Monza exhaust. Except the Cobra is reliable and makes enough horsepower to pull a Boy Scout off your Granny, which I could not say about the MG. Sometimes a fella just buys a car for fun! View attachment 66698
i was looking for a replica w/ a full rollbar (not rollcage). i want to say it could be from a company in CA (don't recall the name of)? i thought they weighed more than that? does it have a jag suspension or something else. so many options from many companies back then.

So in 2010, I bought a black 2011 Mustang GT California Special, engine:

Type: 90-degree DOHC Ti-VCT 32-valve V-8
Displacement: 5.0L / 302 CID
Horsepower: 412 hp @ 6,600 RPM
Torque: 390 lbs.-ft. @ 4,250 RPM
Bore x Stroke: 92.2mm x 92.7mm
Compression: 11.0:1

Driving home from work to get on highway, the ramp was short (so you had to accelerate quickly), right across the very busy access road from the stop sign I had to start from, and up a steep incline. I cannot count the number of times I knew the front wheels came off the ground (and not because I was trying). It was one of the few cars I traded off before paying for it because I felt it was a bit much. Great conversation piece, fun to drive and listen to White (Rob) Zombie, a poor daily driver choice for me at the time.

Now I look for vehicles that will survive the inevitable collapse of roadway infrastructure and I drive a 2020 JEEP Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, wife drives a 2017 JEEP Cherokee Trailhawk, both are paid for and well maintained. We don’t drive much anymore so we fully expect them to be our final vehicles, though who knows what will happen in the US if Dems take control.

So in 2010, I bought a black 2011 Mustang GT California Special, engine:

Type: 90-degree DOHC Ti-VCT 32-valve V-8
Displacement: 5.0L / 302 CID
Horsepower: 412 hp @ 6,600 RPM
Torque: 390 lbs.-ft. @ 4,250 RPM
Bore x Stroke: 92.2mm x 92.7mm
Compression: 11.0:1

Driving home from work to get on highway, the ramp was short (so you had to accelerate quickly), right across the very busy access road from the stop sign I had to start from, and up a steep incline. I cannot count the number of times I knew the front wheels came off the ground (and not because I was trying). It was one of the few cars I traded off before paying for it because I felt it was a bit much. Great conversation piece, fun to drive and listen to White (Rob) Zombie, a poor daily driver choice for me at the time.

Now I look for vehicles that will survive the inevitable collapse of roadway infrastructure and I drive a 2020 JEEP Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, wife drives a 2017 JEEP Cherokee Trailhawk, both are paid for and well maintained. We don’t drive much anymore so we fully expect them to be our final vehicles, though who knows what will happen in the US if Dems take control.

I had a '98 35th anniversary Mustang GT. All I remember it it was a 4.6l and there were no five point slows that could catch me. I had to sell it. I couldn't afford the speeding tickets.

It is a Backdraft Cobra, factory built in South Africa. It ships to the USA without an engine or transmission, so without the naughty bits it is not a "car" and therefore does not have to meet emissions or safety regulations. Unlike the leaf spring early Cobras, the arrival of the 427 engine brought with it an updated chassis with coil over springs all around. This car actually has a modern BMW suspension attached to a square tube frame. Here is a shot of the wiring to give you an idea about the build quality. Not just a haphazardly assembled kit car!
Wiring small.JPG

This rascal feels fast because it is low and a little loud. And I guess it is fairly fast...2100 pounds, 345 Horse 302, Tremec five speed. But I got it because it makes me feel like I am 17 again, bombing around town in my MG with a Monza exhaust. Except the Cobra is reliable and makes enough horsepower to pull a Boy Scout off your Granny, which I could not say about the MG. Sometimes a fella just buys a car for fun! View attachment 66698
You ever fool with an old Triumph Spitfire or MG Midget? You take off and run ‘er through the gears, engines howling like mad and your flying-look at the speedo and you’ve hit 60 mph😊. Like driving a go cart. Speed is all about perception. Small light loud and unstable feels “fast”, Smooth quiet and well controlled does not. Years ago I had a Yamaha FJR and a 900 SS Ducati. On the Duc you knew you were flying low. On the Feejer you’d head down the road at 60, glance down a few minutes later and see 90 on the speedometer-zero difference in noise, vibration etc between the two speeds.

The MG Midget taught me how to drive. Oh, I knew how to get from point A to point B, but really driving? That was the MG all the way. Matching revs on downshifts, proper gear selection because you didn't have extra torque to cover mistakes, the joy of wish quick steering...the lessons learned to a lifetime of driving enjoyment. Age 17 was a great time to be Eric, that was for sure.

Back