testtest

Glock 17 vs Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Comparison

I hated my M&P9 1.0 when it was issued. I could no longer carry my beloved TSW5906. I didn't even own a Glock then.

That and because it kept going back to the armorer because of feeding issues.

I have an M&P40 1.0 now. Apex trigger. Tru-Glo sights. M*Carbo trigger kit. Gen 3 slide stop. Now it's OK.

1000000070.jpg

I'd have the slide milled for a dot, but hoping I can track down a TSW5906 complete slide instead. For a dot.

One day.....

Last edited:
I hated my M&P9 1.0 when it was issued. I could no longer carry my beloved TSW5906. I didn't even own a Glock then.

I have an M&P40 1.0 now. Apex trigger. Tru-Glo sights. M*Carbo trigger kit. Gen 3 slide stop. Now it's OK.

View attachment 65902

I'd have the slide milled for a dot, but hoping I can track down a TSW5906 complete slide instead. For a dot.

One day.....
When I bought the 1.0 4.25" ported core model I ordered a 5" complete upper of the same version

I have used both Glock and Smith. For me the VP9 is the most accurate handgun I have ever fired hands down. Not knocking the others. If I never fired a HK I would have preferred the Smith.
I have had 2 H&K pistols, while I don’t care for the VP9, I did really like my USP40, till a deputy talked me out of it so he could use it as his duty gun, I haven’t tried to M&P 2.0, I had one of the original ones, gun was nice, trigger wasn’t. Glock was the first polymer gun I shot, liked it so that’s how I got started with Glocks.

Ok, I happen to be a “Glock fan boy.” I own a Glock 21 gen 3 and am looking at buying the Glock 20 gen 5 MOS. I love the look and feel of the Glock operating system! I also want to add the Glock 31 .357 gen 4 and the Glock 19x with the threaded barrel to my collection. I plan on buying threaded barrels for my Glock 20, 21, and 31, too. I believe that I would like to add the Glock 17L to my collection as well. Like I said, I am a Glock fan boy! Not that I would not own a S&W. I bought my wife a S&W M&P .380 EZ for Christmas last year because I wanted to teach her how to shoot. With her fibromyalgia she has difficulty racking the slide on my Glock 21, Rock Island Armory STK100 9mm, and Rock Island Armory FS 1911 9mm. The M&P .380 EZ racks like spreading hot butter and she has no problem spending an afternoon at the shooting range with me. I enjoy shooting it even though it’s a .380. I would consider buying an M&P 9mm just from the experience with the M&P .380 EZ. I would be more interested in buying the M&P M2.0 Performance Center 10mm.
I have to admit that I love my Rock Island Armory 1911 9mm’s! They have been excellent performing guns from the first shot. I have heard people complain about RIA guns being cheap, not worth the time of day to buy them, or the cash to purchase them; but, I have never had any problems with mine! In my opinion, RIA and ARMSCOR make excellent products. I also plan on adding the Rock Island Armory Tac Ultra 10MM 5" Threaded Barrel, 16+1 to my collection soon. One of my buddies says that I am an ammosexual.
I believe that he might just have a valid point there…

Ok, I happen to be a “Glock fan boy.” I own a Glock 21 gen 3 and am looking at buying the Glock 20 gen 5 MOS. I love the look and feel of the Glock operating system! I also want to add the Glock 31 .357 gen 4 and the Glock 19x with the threaded barrel to my collection. I plan on buying threaded barrels for my Glock 20, 21, and 31, too. I believe that I would like to add the Glock 17L to my collection as well. Like I said, I am a Glock fan boy! Not that I would not own a S&W. I bought my wife a S&W M&P .380 EZ for Christmas last year because I wanted to teach her how to shoot. With her fibromyalgia she has difficulty racking the slide on my Glock 21, Rock Island Armory STK100 9mm, and Rock Island Armory FS 1911 9mm. The M&P .380 EZ racks like spreading hot butter and she has no problem spending an afternoon at the shooting range with me. I enjoy shooting it even though it’s a .380. I would consider buying an M&P 9mm just from the experience with the M&P .380 EZ. I would be more interested in buying the M&P M2.0 Performance Center 10mm.
I have to admit that I love my Rock Island Armory 1911 9mm’s! They have been excellent performing guns from the first shot. I have heard people complain about RIA guns being cheap, not worth the time of day to buy them, or the cash to purchase them; but, I have never had any problems with mine! In my opinion, RIA and ARMSCOR make excellent products. I also plan on adding the Rock Island Armory Tac Ultra 10MM 5" Threaded Barrel, 16+1 to my collection soon. One of my buddies says that I am an ammosexual.
I believe that he might just have a valid point there…
although the g41 is longer, it's easier to rack. 1st glock i owned was a gen4 21 then it had 6 more siblings (17, 22, 31, 20, 40 & 41 all gen4). with the 20, 21 & 40 having the same side dimensions, the 41's slide is the same as all the small frame full sized (not exactly the same, but very close). i have extra barrels ranging from extended w/3-ports to extended and threaded. what i need to change and haven't yet is the takedown's to be extended not so much worried about the extended slide release's). i like the 357sig round so much i bought a s/w 2.0 40 and added a kkm 357sig. next on my list is the metal 40s/w and add another .357sig. barrel (not sure what style, but might have 2 or 3 extra barrels). i've been thinking about the same ri 10mm as you have, but the 1911 part keeps me away.

View attachment 65902

One day.....
What is the cable curb feeler thing?

That is the end of a edelbrock carb cable used to conveniently cover up the serial number.
Ohhhhhhhh!
I thought it was some trick new accessory swaged onto the plate.

Hey, if you can cerakote that in FDE, I bet you can sell a crap-ton of them. Needs a nifty name.
How about TactiCable?
Call it an eye poker. Poly Optical Kable, Extended Reach (POKER)?

There’s money here somewhere, I KNOW IT!

Back