testtest

Glock vs Smith & Wesson: Which Is Better?

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Real interesting story on which is better, Glock or S&W, while both have there pros, both also have there cons, right down to it, it’s the purchasers choice on which they prefer

I like S&W M&P’s and shoot them better overall than Glocks but that said I do shoot Glocks well enough I earned a 4 star rating and coin in a Glock Operator course

So either is a great duty gun the one are where Glocks exceed if factory sponsored training wether armorer courses or shooting courses and of course GSSF is a very family friendly event for all skill levels

S&W has great customer support but after the S&W academy was dissolved getting training and doing the armorer stuff is more challenging.

While you can get a lot of stuff with a phone call to S&W with Glock you can find most stuff for 9mm Glocks at a lot of stores in stock

I will say SW hands down.

20231118_093824.jpg

Oh wait, you are talking pistols. Don't have a horse in that race as they say, but SW MPs at least feel ok in my hand.

I will say SW hands down.

View attachment 65180

Oh wait, you are talking pistols. Don't have a horse in that race as they say, but SW MPs at least feel ok in my hand.
Well, the article did mention S&W revolvers……my current S&W 610 is a great gun, no issues, but the moon clips can be a pain….I have been looking into these but haven’t done anything yet……

You're right to each his/her on which handgun they think is best for them. Have no evidence but guess many Law Enforcement agencies issue Glocks because much are cheaper especially when purchased in large numbers. Not saying they aren't reliable even accurate. Purchased my first S&W revolver a M-36 sometime in 1974. Since then have bought dozens of their pistols and revolvers and honestly don't recall having any major problems with them. My main reasons for not liking Glocks is their grip angle and they're just ugly. JMO

not a good comparison..

either compare semi autos to semi autos.

''or''

revolvers to revolvers.

the writer was DUMB to throw in a revolver against Glock in this article.

frankly, i only cruised the paragraph openings, in the article, and when i saw that revolver get thrown into the comparison, i was done in wanting to read any more of his BS.

to your opinion (@Annihilator ).." right down to it, it’s the purchasers choice on which they prefer"

i like them both...as long as i am clear in that i am TALKING about semi-autos.

You're right to each his/her on which handgun they think is best for them. Have no evidence but guess many Law Enforcement agencies issue Glocks because much are cheaper especially when purchased in large numbers. Not saying they aren't reliable even accurate.
yes. If you look carefully, LEO orgs will tell you why they chose what they chose. It is cost, availability, legal defensibility (to DAs actually looking to convict these days, a rare thing in some jurisdictions, ) as the perps lawyers will say "why do your officers need such overpowered weapons? It is not wanting overpenetration, which also leads to more legal issues and therefore cost. It is also for "inclusivity" as relates to smaller officers being able to control their firearms and use them proficiently. Another salient point is for short range encounters, as officers are greatly discouraged from firing pistols at what can be considered longer ranges, once again due to missing and all of that legal problem suite.

You're right to each his/her on which handgun they think is best for them. Have no evidence but guess many Law Enforcement agencies issue Glocks because much are cheaper especially when purchased in large numbers. Not saying they aren't reliable even accurate. Purchased my first S&W revolver a M-36 sometime in 1974. Since then have bought dozens of their pistols and revolvers and honestly don't recall having any major problems with them. My main reasons for not liking Glocks is their grip angle and they're just ugly. JMO
i can shoot any of my Glocks as well as any of my all metal 9mm and 45's (ACP)

i have no problem, no issue with the Glock grip angle, i have no issue with the Glock recoil

Have they bent on you? Never had one on the Taurus bend. I keep mine in a hard shell leather pouch and never had issues.
No, just a pain to unload them, especially with the 10mm round, now when I use .40S&W, no issues really, now on my S&W 625JM, those clips are a different story, have to use a tool to unload the clips, that’s why I have been looking at the EZ clips.

Back