testtest

Glock vs Smith & Wesson: Which Is Better?

yes. If you look carefully, LEO orgs will tell you why they chose what they chose. It is cost, availability, legal defensibility (to DAs actually looking to convict these days, a rare thing in some jurisdictions, ) as the perps lawyers will say "why do your officers need such overpowered weapons? It is not wanting overpenetration, which also leads to more legal issues and therefore cost. It is also for "inclusivity" as relates to smaller officers being able to control their firearms and use them proficiently. Another salient point is for short range encounters, as officers are greatly discouraged from firing pistols at what can be considered longer ranges, once again due to missing and all of that legal problem suite.
Respectfully Your legal defensibility statement is pure theory and conjecture. There is ZERO proof that the caliber alone has ever been successful within a court ruling as to making a DA charge because they used say a 10mm bs a 9mm.

Will a side try and play it up? Sure but on cross examination and expert witnesses that is and has been easily quashed as was the force “reasonable” is the important issue!

And for anyone using the Harold Fish the 10mm was not why he was charged. It was the timeline he stated didn’t jive with what investigators found.

There was some misdeeds within the investigation and trial that Mr Fish case was exonerated and acquitted however it was never about using a 10mm

I have been a part of agency training while cost can and does okay into it sometimes also does a Chief or Sheriff personal pets Indiana State Oilice had some issues with Glock 40 went to 9mm Glock then 45 Glock then decided they were mad 7 years later (when a new superintendent was appointed) who adopted the Sig 227 in 45 acp.

10 years later he’s still the superintendent and said as long as he is SIG 227 45 is the ISP Issue which even though it’s out of production they have enough guns parts and unissued guns they could probably outfit them for 20 years.

I definitely think S&W makes a better revolver than Glock.
FAKE NEWS!
1724778162399.png

Since can compare auto to auto in glock and m/p in same cartridge, caliber and within 1/4" of barrel lengths I like both (said it out loud and proud of it ;))! The m/p bites my hand more than the glock does due to texture and no finger grooves (gen4). The 10 (not @10mmLife ) is the only 1 that's rough, but spring change is helping.

Glock has the reputation, and I carried a Glock for years on patrol. Its the only pistol I was comfortable with until I was afforded the opportunity to T&E the M&P 2.0 not long before their release. I was impressed. And as soon the OR model with the flat trigger released I bought one and fell in love with it. IMO just as durable as Glock however finding holsters can be a challenge due to the obnoxious model naming system they have and all of the variations.

You cant go wrong with either...

yes. If you look carefully, LEO orgs will tell you why they chose what they chose. It is cost, availability, legal defensibility (to DAs actually looking to convict these days, a rare thing in some jurisdictions, ) as the perps lawyers will say "why do your officers need such overpowered weapons? It is not wanting overpenetration, which also leads to more legal issues and therefore cost. It is also for "inclusivity" as relates to smaller officers being able to control their firearms and use them proficiently. Another salient point is for short range encounters, as officers are greatly discouraged from firing pistols at what can be considered longer ranges, once again due to missing and all of that legal problem suite.
Not quite true...

I was in charge of purchasing at the last agency I worked for. The 2 primary factors we considered when purchasing pistols is cost (the actual firearm and ammunition), and the ease at which the officer could effectively put multiple rounds on target...

Secondary factors included capacity, ease of maintenance/repair, and holster/accessory compatibility...

Those 2 primary factors alone narrowed the caliber down to 9mm. Secondary factors narrowed down to Glock and S&W M&P. The reason we chose Glock was familiarity with the platform which equated to less time learning and getting comfortable with the new platform and more time on the range. Also some of the officers were not keen on the extra aggressive texture of the 2.0 M&P.

We had a couple officers that chose to carry their personal Glock 10mm and handled it well. Thankfully I have never been in an officer involved shooting but I have sat in on several trials ( one the officer used a 10mm Glock, and another used a 12ga slug) and not once had the defense raised the question on why the officer used a particular caliber or type of ammunition. Not saying that it wont happen, but its a weak argument for the defense that doesn't carry much weight at all...

We are not necessarily discouraged from taking shots at any particular range although it is a consideration. We take the shots we need to take when we need to take them considering all other factors ( environment, innocent bystanders, range, terrain, available lighting, etc) Of course anything more than 25-30 yards we would opt for the patrol rifle if available.

With all of that being said, every agency is different ( some wildly different) but our particular process is similar with all surrounding agencies and many others across the country I've had the pleasure of speaking with over the years...

Not quite true...

I was in charge of purchasing at the last agency I worked for. The 2 primary factors we considered when purchasing pistols is cost (the actual firearm and ammunition), and the ease at which the officer could effectively put multiple rounds on target...

Secondary factors included capacity, ease of maintenance/repair, and holster/accessory compatibility...

Those 2 primary factors alone narrowed the caliber down to 9mm. Secondary factors narrowed down to Glock and S&W M&P. The reason we chose Glock was familiarity with the platform which equated to less time learning and getting comfortable with the new platform and more time on the range. Also some of the officers were not keen on the extra aggressive texture of the 2.0 M&P.

We had a couple officers that chose to carry their personal Glock 10mm and handled it well. Thankfully I have never been in an officer involved shooting but I have sat in on several trials ( one the officer used a 10mm Glock, and another used a 12ga slug) and not once had the defense raised the question on why the officer used a particular caliber or type of ammunition. Not saying that it wont happen, but its a weak argument for the defense that doesn't carry much weight at all...

We are not necessarily discouraged from taking shots at any particular range although it is a consideration. We take the shots we need to take when we need to take them considering all other factors ( environment, innocent bystanders, range, terrain, available lighting, etc) Of course anything more than 25-30 yards we would opt for the patrol rifle if available.

With all of that being said, every agency is different ( some wildly different) but our particular process is similar with all surrounding agencies and many others across the country I've had the pleasure of speaking with over the years...
caliber or cartridge as the 2 can be different.

I'd prefer S&W over Glock only because that Glock grip angle is just not for my hands. I've shot many Glocks belonging to friends and relatives but prefer my Hellcat, Shield 9 1.0, and Sig P365 380 to any Glock I've shot, due to grip angle. I'm not bashing Glock, as millions shoot them well. I'm just staying with what I shoot most accurately and operate efficiently.

I'd prefer S&W over Glock only because that Glock grip angle is just not for my hands. I've shot many Glocks belonging to friends and relatives but prefer my Hellcat, Shield 9 1.0, and Sig P365 380 to any Glock I've shot, due to grip angle. I'm not bashing Glock, as millions shoot them well. I'm just staying with what I shoot most accurately and operate efficiently.
Same problem I have with Glocks. Which is a shame because I really want to love me a Glock or 6.

For semi-autos, I have owned and shot both brands many times and prefer Glock.

I was NEVER a Glock man. Thought it was kind of a fad. Thought people were just too biased.

Then I shot a Glock 29 and it was the most accurate target of my life. Couldn't believe the results.

And Glock semi-autos feel hefty and sturdy - much moreso than the S&W semi-autos.

Back