testtest

Hammer fired guns

I don't what it is but I love older guns. I've got my modern "tactical" guns (couple ARs, modern striker fired pistols) but what really intrigues me are older style guns.

Lately, I've been wanting to get a hammer fired pistol. There are probably around 5 or 6 (or more) other guns I want to get too, but the most recent is something like a Bersa Thunder 380. Not necessarily THAT gun but a nice sleek little hammer fired pistol

Nothing wrong with the Bersa in m experience, had two. One was a Thunder 380 and one the Thunder Combat plus. Ran flawlessly and were very accurate. My nephews are using them for CC and each got Makarov also, another nice little pistol. It was part of my promise to thier father, my best friend that I would take care of them like he would have.

I agree 100%, i started shooting in the middle 50s with my Uncle and Grandfather when there very few good semi autos, so i grew up on revolvers. Today i am in my 80s still shooting when i can, have both revolvers and semi autos but if I could only one it would be my all steel, 4" barrel, six shot .357 mag, now that will put a hurt on any two legs or four legs trouble.

I'd pass on the Bersa. I'd be looking at Beretta, H&K, S&W, maybe some 1911s.
Ever owned or shot a Bersa?

Such knowledgeable scribes as Bob Campbell and Stephen Camp favorably reviewed them and recommend them.

The only obe I might hesitate on is the Thunder C because the sights are miniscule to the point of being practically nonexistant.

Last edited:
Given we are discussing little .380's, what about the Walther PPK/S? It was good enough for JB....(James Bond)...but the sights suck. But it looks good when you pull it from your holster under a tuxedo...

I'll stick with my 10mm Ronin. Although .380 ammo is now down around $.40 for range stuff....

1666491781972.jpeg

I bought a Bersa Thunder .380 acp a few years back. It's a great little gun, and you can still find brand new ones online for under $300. I liked the Thunder so much that I later bought a double-stack Thunder Plus. The Thunder Plus has run reliably, but magazines are expensive and hard to find. I enjoy shooting the standard Thunder much more than the Thunder Plus. The Thunder Plus may be better as an EDC, but the standard Bersa Thunder is the way to go if you're looking for a fun range toy that won't break the bank.

Back