testtest

Hammer fired guns

Ever owned or shot a Bersa?

Such knowledgeable scribes as Bob Campbell and Stephen Camp favorably reviewed them and recommend them.

The only obe I might hesitate on is the Thunder C because the sights are miniscule to the point of being practically nonexistant.

In fact I have spent some time with a Bersa .380 very recently. My jarhead buddy, the same guy who was an armorer in the USMC but notoriously favors cheap guns these days ( Taurus semi autos, Black Aces shotguns, etc..) carries one. And I have had it in my shed twice. To be fair both the issues he had with it were not directly related to the quality of the gun. One was magazine related and the other was he doesn't seem to be too keen on cleaning his stuff correctly or often. So I can't say the gun had any failures. Having it in pieces in front of me though it certainly can't be mistaken for a high quality firearm.

So no, I can't say it's a pile of junk, but I can say if I was looking to dive into the world of steel, hammer guns I would definitely look a little harder than a Bersa.

In fact I have spent some time with a Bersa .380 very recently. My jarhead buddy, the same guy who was an armorer in the USMC but notoriously favors cheap guns these days ( Taurus semi autos, Black Aces shotguns, etc..) carries one. And I have had it in my shed twice. To be fair both the issues he had with it were not directly related to the quality of the gun. One was magazine related and the other was he doesn't seem to be too keen on cleaning his stuff correctly or often. So I can't say the gun had any failures. Having it in pieces in front of me though it certainly can't be mistaken for a high quality firearm.

So no, I can't say it's a pile of junk, but I can say if I was looking to dive into the world of steel, hammer guns I would definitely look a little harder than a Bersa.

Well there are a few I would buy first also. But in a smaller ppk sized and styled pistol they would be a first choice.

I have owned a US made PPK, Makarovs, and Bersa in that same basic style. The Ppk is long gone, the boys use both Bersas, and I still own one Maks and the nephews have the other two. I trust those two pistols for them to carry. So really cannot give much better recommendation. So if I was buying something of that style new it would be the Bersa hands down.

I inherited a Bersa from my wife’s stepdad, the doublestack .380…

It’s not bad, a little rough, but for the hundred or so rounds I’ve put through it, it’s been accurate enough, and reliable.

I think they’re decent budget guns.

Well there are a few I would buy first also. But in a smaller ppk sized and styled pistol they would be a first choice.

I have owned a US made PPK, Makarovs, and Bersa in that same basic style. The Ppk is long gone, the boys use both Bersas, and I still own one Maks and the nephews have the other two. I trust those two pistols for them to carry. So really cannot give much better recommendation. So if I was buying something of that style new it would be the Bersa hands down.
Everything ain't for everybody brother.

I would encourage you to get a Bersa Thunder 380. Mine was my first handgun, and is still my primary carry gun. It is small enough to conceal well, thin enough to conceal comfortably, and it runs flawlessly. It is small enough to pocket carry—although I usually don't because I need my pockets for keys, etc.—and big enough to get a good grip on. All for about $250.

I would encourage you to get a Bersa Thunder 380. Mine was my first handgun, and is still my primary carry gun. It is small enough to conceal well, thin enough to conceal comfortably, and it runs flawlessly. It is small enough to pocket carry—although I usually don't because I need my pockets for keys, etc.—and big enough to get a good grip on. All for about $250.

I don't know that I trust the caliber with my life .380 is quite small

I'm not interested in any 380acp firearms and especially not a large 9mm sized one. Ammo is expensive, not readily available, and it's not the best for sell defense. It's a compromise caliber. By that I mean you compromise on ballistics and more expensive ammo to be able to carry a in a smaller mouse gun sized package that's smaller and lighter than micro 9mm.

If I was to get a Bersa, I'd get the Bersa TPR9. It's on my to buy list next. The MSRP is $465, you are looking at approximately $350 +/- for a well built gun.

I too perfer DA/SA hammer guns. I have a Sig 239, CZ P07, CZ P01 Compact Omega, CZ 75 Compact, CZ Shadow 2, Beretta Px4 Compact Inox, Beretta 92x Performance, HK P30sk, HK P30L, and Taurus 911.

1666638319379.png

1666638369023.png

Last edited:
Back