testtest

Handgun, Shotgun or Rifle: Which is Best For Home Defense

1599184500099.jpeg

The master bedroom has ArmorCore walls. There are Remington v-3 TAC 13s in spring clips on both sides of the bed as well as handguns and flashlights on both bedside tables. The hallway has emergency strobe lights which can only be activated from the bedside along with highly directional 185 db speakers.
I can't believe you didn't spring for the automated .50 cal turrets or at least sharks with lasers on their heads.....😜👍

I liked the article, but it is very difficult to offer useful advice on this subject in a generic sense. Determining the right type of home defense weapon for your situation will depend on a variety of factors that extend past whether you live in an "urban" or "rural" environment. Over-penetration is a much greater concern for people with family members who may be in other rooms than it is for single people or empty-nesters. One person may be able to hunker down in their bedroom while covering the doorway with their firearm and waiting for police to arrive, but the first concern of many parents will be getting to their children and making sure that they are safe. A shotgun may be great for homes with an open layout, but may be problematic in homes with narrow hallways or stairwells. A long-gun may also be easier for an attacker to wrestle away from a homeowner in a cramped space. In my opinion, you would be best served by using a firearm that you can shoot accurately, which allows you to move freely through your home if necessary, and that you have the best chance of retaining in a potential struggle. Choosing a home defense weapon is a very important decision that requires a through analysis of your individual situation.

Good article.

With my AO being in the mountainous west a rifle is my primary when out & about. When inside that switches to a pistol.

While I have and will continue to have self-defense shotguns I've move significantly away from relying a shotgun. Matter of fact the shotgun is the first I will discard since it really doesn't fit into my Tier-1 load out.

Good article.

With my AO being in the mountainous west a rifle is my primary when out & about. When inside that switches to a pistol.

While I have and will continue to have self-defense shotguns I've move significantly away from relying a shotgun. Matter of fact the shotgun is the first I will discard since it really doesn't fit into my Tier-1 load out.

I will always go for the shotgun first. Because that is the weapon I have logged tens of thousands of hours working with. Although I'm really getting into the AR now.

Rifle and 12 gauge....goes through too many walls and stuff. I prefer a .410. This is my home defense gun. AK 74 with a 30-round drum magazine. Loaded with Hornady .410 critical defense round which as a .41 cal. slug and two .35 cal. round balls in each round. Gun has a light, red dot, and shotgun laser. If I have time, the .410 Judge with the same rounds will be on my hip.

Attachments

• DSCN1658.JPG
    DSCN1658.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 179
  • 02475 Diamond Pro Polymer Grip.jpg
    02475 Diamond Pro Polymer Grip.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 176
Back