testtest

Handguns You Were Saddened to See Discontinued

While it is still very recent, I wasn't happy to see Springfield kill off the Mod.2 XD's. The Grip Zone writing on the grip was stupid, but the ergonomics were fantastic. I picked one up in 45 acp during the recent fire sale when they got too low in price to pass up (I paid under $300 shipped w/ the ffl transfer). It turned out that I loved the gun. Now I'm having to play catch up and fighting a losing battle to find other calibers for less than $500.

Colt Diamondback

Colt_Diamondback_01_v_1483212635.jpg

Hudson H9. I never got the opportunity to shoot one, so I don't make any claims good or bad, but I do have a thing for unusual looking guns. I do own an Archon Type B, which I can't say enough good about. I'd love to get my hands on a Laugo Arms Alien.

Sig 239 have one in .40, 225, 225A1, 224, P-7, series, 232 and I'm sure I left some out

While I have no knowledge of recent iterations of Sig handguns, the P series were excellent handguns. I hope Sig's most recent versions are a excellent as it's 90's handguns. Sig's P220, P226, and P229 were extremely popular law enforcement handguns.

The P239 is an excellent handgun. However, as indicated in the below video, it's on the large side for concealed carry. The Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM is a much easier gun for concealed carry.

For clarity, when I think concealed carry handguns, I think breath smelling distance where speed to battery (gun pointed at a life threatening bad guy(s)) and point shooting. Belly guns (Colt Detective Specials & S&W's Chief Special and Model 36) were once the definitive concealed carry handguns.

The P239 is an excellent plain clothes duty handgun. But I'd rather use a Springfield Armory EMP 3 for plains clothes assignments.

Back