testtest

Hard Cast Bullets Through A Glock?

Thats a shame glad he's ok but correct me if im wrong here... Doesnt glock say no lead in their pistols ??
We discussed that earlier in this thread. Annihilator had some good info on your question/post. I lost my manual years ago, but I would think this type of malfunction in a Glock has happened several other times and I'd bet money that Glock has a "Danger" post in bold print in the manual somewhere about shooting soft lead and hard cast through there pistols. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Darwin Award contenders out there that own fire arms and don't read the owners manual before firing their gun. Some even loose their owners manuals. I'm embarrassed but not to proud to say that in the past. I've been guilty of both!

Last edited:
i don't know about all of this..

first, i had to look up, "hard cast" bullets, since i am no expert.

second, i HAVE a Glock, in fact i have 2 of them, a G-30 (.45 ACP) and a G-17 (9mm), and i HAVE shot and will continue to shoot cast bullets. however, i think mine are the "softer??" lead bullets? and i have no lead fouling that i can see, but then again, i am somewhat anal about cleaning after EVERY range visit.

when i first saw that picture above, my first thought was a double charged cartridge. as i thought the guy reloaded his own ammo. then continued to read it was a box of "new" factory ammo..???? are you sure it wasn't "new factory reloaded ammo"..???? there are websites that do sell reloaded ammo.

here is one, that i found..

but again, not being any expert, even thought i stayed at a Ramada Inn years ago, am finding it difficult to believe that only 5 rounds in a new Glock caused it to Grenade like that.

i don't know about all of this..

first, i had to look up, "hard cast" bullets, since i am no expert.

second, i HAVE a Glock, in fact i have 2 of them, a G-30 (.45 ACP) and a G-17 (9mm), and i HAVE shot and will continue to shoot cast bullets. however, i think mine are the "softer??" lead bullets? and i have no lead fouling that i can see, but then again, i am somewhat anal about cleaning after EVERY range visit.

when i first saw that picture above, my first thought was a double charged cartridge. as i thought the guy reloaded his own ammo. then continued to read it was a box of "new" factory ammo..???? are you sure it wasn't "new factory reloaded ammo"..???? there are websites that do sell reloaded ammo.

here is one, that i found..

but again, not being any expert, even thought i stayed at a Ramada Inn years ago, am finding it difficult to believe that only 5 rounds in a new Glock caused it to Grenade like that.
I think though not stated was a ruptured case which caused the massive pressure overload.

You shouldn’t run any lead bullets through a Glock, it has polygonal rifling, leading will build up on this type of rifling fast and cause issues, Glock will tell you no and when I did my class for being a Glock armorer, they said no, but it’s your gun do as you wish, I’m just telling you what I was told
Yikes. I have a ton of lead through my 19 from my reloading days. Haven't done that in a long time. I was lucky.

I've had my G 20 for over 25 years and have been a 10mm fan even longer. Long before it became popular. Now the 10mm seems to be the "new thing" in pistols, or at least it seems like it to me. Whatever, I've never been one to jump on the ban wagon so the popularity of the cartridge dosent bother me one way or another. Like I mentioned earlier. I'm an OG 10mm shooter! I like the way the cartridge performs on several different levels depending on the load, I'm comfortable shooting it, I'm fairly accurate with it in both my G20 and 1911, And it's plenty of gun for harvesting black tails at close range. For me close range at a deer with a pistol is no further than 30 or 40 yards. I'm just not confident enough with a pistol to try and place a good shot and make a clean fast kill any further than that. Anyways...
While at the pistol range about ten years ago. I was firing my G20 and an old friend of mine's father who had an FFL and the same man my father and I bought our G20's through showed up at the range also. He saw my Glock and asked "is that one of the 10mm's I sold you and your dad years ago"? I said "yes it is Less. I'm trying some factory hard cast loads today" He said "Be careful, I heard it's not good to shoot hard cast through glock barrels"! I took his advice with a grain of salt and tried them anyways. After firing only one round. I knew something wasn't right. There was a tremendous amount of muzzle flash and breach flash! It didn't sound normal either. I immediately striped the pistol an inspected the parts and pieces for damage. I didn't see any thing that caught my eye so I reassembled the pistol and went back to shooting the normal factory copper jacketed bullets I always have and haven't shot hard cast through my Glock ever since. I have also heard even soft lead wad cutters are not good for G barrels. I'm not sure about soft lead projectiles, but Im not going to try it to find out!
A friend of mine bought a G20 the other day and a box of hard cast. The first five rounds through the brand new pistol caused the gun to grenade in his hand and completly destroyed the firearm! Have any of you guys heard or seen anything the same or similar to this?

My friends brand new G20 after the fifth of only five hard cast bullets through the new pistol!
View attachment 27209View attachment 27210View attachment 27211

I've been shooting RNFP lead projectiles through my G29 for years now, but it's a Gen 4. No idea what manufacturing differences might be, but I'm also not shooting wadcutters. They seem to work just fine.

As well as in the gun case when you buy it. Every gun I’ve sold or traded in the owners manual went with it, the problem is getting new an old gun owners to read it.
when ever i bought a Glock, that envelope got ripped open. now i use a letter opener.

and i do read the contents. most of it is as we all know, safety related.

it's like even though i worked as a mechanic in my youth, when i lease or buy a car for me or the Mrs, we both read the owners manual. now, with online sources with videos, we watch a couple of those as well.

i think the general attitude of some is, "it's a gun. i know how to shoot one, i don't need directions on how to do it"

I've had my G 20 for over 25 years and have been a 10mm fan even longer. Long before it became popular. Now the 10mm seems to be the "new thing" in pistols, or at least it seems like it to me. Whatever, I've never been one to jump on the ban wagon so the popularity of the cartridge dosent bother me one way or another. Like I mentioned earlier. I'm an OG 10mm shooter! I like the way the cartridge performs on several different levels depending on the load, I'm comfortable shooting it, I'm fairly accurate with it in both my G20 and 1911, And it's plenty of gun for harvesting black tails at close range. For me close range at a deer with a pistol is no further than 30 or 40 yards. I'm just not confident enough with a pistol to try and place a good shot and make a clean fast kill any further than that. Anyways...
While at the pistol range about ten years ago. I was firing my G20 and an old friend of mine's father who had an FFL and the same man my father and I bought our G20's through showed up at the range also. He saw my Glock and asked "is that one of the 10mm's I sold you and your dad years ago"? I said "yes it is Less. I'm trying some factory hard cast loads today" He said "Be careful, I heard it's not good to shoot hard cast through glock barrels"! I took his advice with a grain of salt and tried them anyways. After firing only one round. I knew something wasn't right. There was a tremendous amount of muzzle flash and breach flash! It didn't sound normal either. I immediately striped the pistol an inspected the parts and pieces for damage. I didn't see any thing that caught my eye so I reassembled the pistol and went back to shooting the normal factory copper jacketed bullets I always have and haven't shot hard cast through my Glock ever since. I have also heard even soft lead wad cutters are not good for G barrels. I'm not sure about soft lead projectiles, but Im not going to try it to find out!
A friend of mine bought a G20 the other day and a box of hard cast. The first five rounds through the brand new pistol caused the gun to grenade in his hand and completly destroyed the firearm! Have any of you guys heard or seen anything the same or similar to this?

My friends brand new G20 after the fifth of only five hard cast bullets through the new pistol!
View attachment 27209View attachment 27210View attachment 27211
100% false! Hardcast bullets will not produce lead deposits that is a myth to many people believe because for one a Hardcast bullet is NOT a lead bullet, so that clearly wasn’t the ammo used in that particular Glock it had to have been a soft lead bullet which will indeed affect the barrel causing lead obstruction.

Back