testtest

Harley went "WOKE"

OK, first-time poster (Be gentle with me. I'm sick....).I've popped in here because I could learn about the few guns that I have. But this thread motivated me to join and add my experience with HD motorcycles. I've had a few, and I've got activity least a quarter million miles on them.

My 2006 was trouble-free for 100,000 miles (until it was totaled) except for a battery that had a broken plate in it..my wife had a 2006 Yamaha with two trips to the dealer in the first 2000 miles

My 2011 had a 140,000 miles on it, and the rear cylinder compression was below spec. Otherwise trouble-free.. Oops, I forgot, the throttle slide warmed at around 120,000 iirc and threw a code

My 2020 only has almost 70,000 miles on it. It's had two recalls caused by the heat of the cat.

None of my Harley-Davidsons has ever stranded me (although i did push the 2006 for a few hundred yards before the battery decided to unshort itself). One leaked a couple of dropping of oil because of a loose dealer-installed oil-temp sensor.

I've "heard" about all the broken Harleys stranded in the middle of nowhere. My actual real-world experience. I've never had to tighten a Bolt, unless I'm the one who put it on

I KNOW they're not fast. I have a Ducati xDiavel that IS fast. It's definitely not a tourer. There's no place to put anything i'd need on a ride. And, honestly, I'm just more comfortable, once I'm moving, on a heavy motorcycle. Different tools for a the intended use.

The AMF "I heard" stories are so last millenium.

OK, first-time poster (Be gentle with me. I'm sick....).I've popped in here because I could learn about the few guns that I have. But this thread motivated me to join and add my experience with HD motorcycles. I've had a few, and I've got activity least a quarter million miles on them.

My 2006 was trouble-free for 100,000 miles (until it was totaled) except for a battery that had a broken plate in it..my wife had a 2006 Yamaha with two trips to the dealer in the first 2000 miles

My 2011 had a 140,000 miles on it, and the rear cylinder compression was below spec. Otherwise trouble-free.. Oops, I forgot, the throttle slide warmed at around 120,000 iirc and threw a code

My 2020 only has almost 70,000 miles on it. It's had two recalls caused by the heat of the cat.

None of my Harley-Davidsons has ever stranded me (although i did push the 2006 for a few hundred yards before the battery decided to unshort itself). One leaked a couple of dropping of oil because of a loose dealer-installed oil-temp sensor.

I've "heard" about all the broken Harleys stranded in the middle of nowhere. My actual real-world experience. I've never had to tighten a Bolt, unless I'm the one who put it on

I KNOW they're not fast. I have a Ducati xDiavel that IS fast. It's definitely not a tourer. There's no place to put anything i'd need on a ride. And, honestly, I'm just more comfortable, once I'm moving, on a heavy motorcycle. Different tools for a the intended use.

The AMF "I heard" stories are so last millenium.
Welcome to the forum from South Texas. Had three HD's none of them ever left me stranded on the road.

I always rode Harley’s had a 2003 dyna and 2005 road king custom never had any problems with them but my last bike was my favorite
IMG_0575.jpeg

If you like big, heavy v-twin "classic" bikes, I'd recommend looking at Indians. VERY expensive, very heavy, look and feel like a HD....maybe a tad better fit and finish. Got an Indian dealer near me and I was impressed when I walked through, even though this style of bike is not for me. I have no clue if they are woke.

If you like big, heavy v-twin "classic" bikes, I'd recommend looking at Indians. VERY expensive, very heavy, look and feel like a HD....maybe a tad better fit and finish. Got an Indian dealer near me and I was impressed when I walked through, even though this style of bike is not for me. I have no clue if they are woke.
Indians are indeed nice bikes.

Part of the appeal of HDs is the heritage, and the Indian lineage is kind of murky. I know a guy who had a Victory Visión when Polaris pulled the plug on Victory but kept the Indians alive, and he was irate. He sold the bike, and I was never sure if it was because he was pissed at Polaris, or if it was just because his Victory was so ugly.

i think it stoopit to take out one's frustration on a company, by destroying what you paid for.

It's no skin off the nose of ( any company ) what you do with thing you already own , that they've already been paid for .

the CEO can be replaced by the stock holders, unless they too share his thoughts and opinions on "wokeness"

Actually that is a Progressive tactic .

A bunch of them all buy one share each of XYZ lnc . Then they all show up en masse at shareholder meetings and filibuster about their particular issue .

06' Night Train, served me well without a hickup. Sold in 2015 with plenty miles for a good profit. Some bikes are diamonds, some are coal.

Attachments

• 1470674931_l.jpg
    1470674931_l.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    766.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1241_2.JPG
    IMG_1241_2.JPG
    829.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1237.JPG
    IMG_1237.JPG