testtest

Hellcat with manual safety

DTR fit

Alpha
I lived in Maryland with an 10 round mag restriction. I’ve been very interested in getting a Springfield hellcat for my first handgun. But the hellcat’s trigger safety isn’t enough to make me feel secure with EDC. I saw they have a hellcat with a manual safety but I can’t seem to find a 10 round mag with the manual safety. Are the mags interchangeable between the base model, the low compacity, and the manual safety model?

I lived in Maryland with an 10 round mag restriction. I’ve been very interested in getting a Springfield hellcat for my first handgun. But the hellcat’s trigger safety isn’t enough to make me feel secure with EDC. I saw they have a hellcat with a manual safety but I can’t seem to find a 10 round mag with the manual safety. Are the mags interchangeable between the base model, the low compacity, and the manual safety model?
Yes all the mags are universal between the micro compact Hellcat's.

I'm in Maryland and I went through this trying to get a SA XD-M Elite OSP....
They only come with Mags Greater than 10 rnds.....

You can't buy >10rnd magazines in MD, but you can possess them and it is legal to purchase them out of state and bring them into the state with you....

The problem comes when the Firearm you want only comes with >10rnd Magazines....

As long as you don't receive > 10 rnds magazines in the purchase, you are legal, that is you receiving them, not the gun shop or FFL...
Maryland Law allows the FFL to bring the Magazines into compliance....
Either pin them or install blocks in the magazine to limit it to 10 rnds or less, or simply take the magazines out of the package and dispose of them....
Or get whomever is sending the pistol to remove the magazines from the package before shipping.

Most online retailers won't bother with it and will simply refuse to ship to Maryland, refuse to open and remove things from the package.....
Ask your favorite gun shop if they can get if from their supplier. If their supplier has it in stock, in Maryland they will ship it to the gun shop and the FFL will have to fix the magazine issue. Either pin/block or get rid of them.

Then you can drive over the closest border to the gun shop there and buy full capacity magazines.

The XD/XD-M series has a grip safety....
Just a trigger guard safety, I'm a little biased against, I prefer more than that...
The XD/XD-M grip safety locks the sear, like most manual safeties do...

That is another option to consider, the compact XD-M series....

Or you could the route of an XDs Mod 2, they have a grip safety besides the trigger safety. Similar in size of the Hellcat

5350E7B0-06D6-4FE4-9287-13ADD38854FD.jpeg

I was wary of no manual safety, like the 1911 has.
The 1911, the grip safety locks the trigger and the manual safety locks the sear.
Clearly the XD line has the trigger safety that locks the trigger, I discovered grip safety locks the sear.

So yes, no manual safety, but two automatic safeties that are locking the same things as a 1911, I decided that is good enough.

Back