testtest

Hellion Bullpup for Vehicle Defense

so been thinking about a bull pup for a while, - there are a few out there. Wonder if a shotgun vs rifle question needs answering. If it was a truck rifle - I'd rather have a .308 than .556, and if a shotgun, scoped and slug loads, JMO
I’d go .308, but .308 bullpups are few and far between; Tavor makes one, as does Desert Tech…but AFAIK, that’s it. I don’t think KelTec makes one…they should if they don’t.

The nice thing about a bullpup is that you can go with a 20” barrel and still be shorter than most SBR’s; and running M855 through a 20” barrel makes Swiss cheese out of most vehicles, particularly at close range.

Worth consideration.

so been thinking about a bull pup for a while, - there are a few out there. Wonder if a shotgun vs rifle question needs answering. If it was a truck rifle - I'd rather have a .308 than .556, and if a shotgun, scoped and slug loads, JMO

I’d go .308, but .308 bullpups are few and far between; Tavor makes one, as does Desert Tech…but AFAIK, that’s it. I don’t think KelTec makes one…they should if they don’t.

The nice thing about a bullpup is that you can go with a 20” barrel and still be shorter than most SBR’s; and running M855 through a 20” barrel makes Swiss cheese out of most vehicles, particularly at close range.

Worth consideration.
Length does matter 🙂

Worth consideration.
1728320814220.png

I'd say it depends on what you're doing ? I can't imagine being in a position to need a .308 as a truck gun. Unless I'm on the farm hunting. In which case it will be a BAR 30-06.

The shotgun question is interesting. No need for a scope, but a red dot is optimal. And having a shotgun that you can carry, in onboard, tube magazines, both slugs and buckshot is optimal.

TS-12 with a 512C is the answer here. KSG would work well too.

I'd say it depends on what you're doing ? I can't imagine being in a position to need a .308 as a truck gun. Unless I'm on the farm hunting. In which case it will be a BAR 30-06.

The shotgun question is interesting. No need for a scope, but a red dot is optimal. And having a shotgun that you can carry, in onboard, tube magazines, both slugs and buckshot is optimal.

I played with the S&W bullpup 12 the same day I picked up the Wilson…I rather liked it. Definitely slicker than my KSG .410.

But…the Tavor would rule the roost, no doubt.

I agree, my truck gun, when I take one, is my KSG with a WML and Holosun Green dot optics. Left side 00B right side Slugs. Under "normal" defensive situations where they are too far away for my pistol, I hope to be able to drive away... if not I recon the KSG will buy me some time. Also good for anti material against regular civilian vehicles.

I would however, like to have a Bullpup .308 for sure.

Back