testtest

How Important is Capacity?

7f357b2b-265a-4009-804a-e79e7a978aee_text.gif
Or was it 17 or 21?

Everyone assumes they will be freaking out in those situations, but I think most people would be surprised how much time slows down and how clear you can be. If you watch those videos there are people pushing forward, picking their shots being very deliberate. I know my fight or flight response and it’s not flight. I’ve always been an overwhelming response sort of guy in almost everything. When I train I try to keep that in mind, because more often than not trainers teach defensive handgun rather than the shortest route to the bad guy. I’d prefer to run away, but if I can’t I want the advantage to be mine. Fortunately our trainer builds CQB into our training. That helps me keep the switch flipped.

Well, I was really trying not to delve too deeply into the weeds with this personally. I have found that people start treating me differently when they become aware of some of my, what's the word I'm looking for.... I guess you could call it ennui or cavalier or lack of compassion or all of the above. I could expound on what I am trying to say and probably would in a more private conversation, but in a vague nutshell I was born with a backwards thing. Stuff that should bother me often rolls right off my back and things that shouldn't bother anyone are liable to trigger me. When my brother died I grieved less than I did when my 16 year old Golden Retriever died. And I loved my brother. I haven't cried since I was a toddler. And almost anything bad that has happened to me I am usually able to simply not think about. How does this tie into this discussion. I'm not really sure, but the first time I was shot at ( and every time since) I was cool as a cucumber. When I watched a hood rat chase another young urban male down, shoot him in the back, then walk up on him and put 5 more into him I was less than 50' away from it and I just stood there watching. Then I went back to work. And I have been in a whole lot of fast moving, violent situations that were very dangerous and managed to keep my composure. I think the reason why I was always very successful in fights is because most people, at least most people who haven't trained or practiced, tend to sort of black out and react without thinking and I have always been able to calmly watch what's going on around me and react appropriately. I can see what's coming long before I actually have to react to it. I'm not saying I never lost a fight, but when I did it was because someone knew what they were doing.

At any rate, like you, I am certain I will still be able to function should I ever be in a situation like that again.

Well, I was really trying not to delve too deeply into the weeds with this personally. I have found that people start treating me differently when they become aware of some of my, what's the word I'm looking for.... I guess you could call it ennui or cavalier or lack of compassion or all of the above. I could expound on what I am trying to say and probably would in a more private conversation, but in a vague nutshell I was born with a backwards thing. Stuff that should bother me often rolls right off my back and things that shouldn't bother anyone are liable to trigger me. When my brother died I grieved less than I did when my 16 year old Golden Retriever died. And I loved my brother. I haven't cried since I was a toddler. And almost anything bad that has happened to me I am usually able to simply not think about. How does this tie into this discussion. I'm not really sure, but the first time I was shot at ( and every time since) I was cool as a cucumber. When I watched a hood rat chase another young urban male down, shoot him in the back, then walk up on him and put 5 more into him I was less than 50' away from it and I just stood there watching. Then I went back to work. And I have been in a whole lot of fast moving, violent situations that were very dangerous and managed to keep my composure. I think the reason why I was always very successful in fights is because most people, at least most people who haven't trained or practiced, tend to sort of black out and react without thinking and I have always been able to calmly watch what's going on around me and react appropriately. I can see what's coming long before I actually have to react to it. I'm not saying I never lost a fight, but when I did it was because someone knew what they were doing.

At any rate, like you, I am certain I will still be able to function should I ever be in a situation like that again.
+1000 for the use of ennui!

Ukraine needs you in Bakhmut

Side note digress:

Clint stated that during filming of the Dirty Harry movies his wrists would be in a lot of pain.. he fired so many blanks in .44 Mag that by the end of the film day he couldnt hold a pencil sometimes.
Actually it was a model 25 in .45 Colt for most of the shooting scenes.

Side note digress:

Clint stated that during filming of the Dirty Harry movies his wrists would be in a lot of pain.. he fired so many blanks in .44 Mag that by the end of the film day he couldnt hold a pencil sometimes.
Actually it was a model 25 in .45 Colt for most of the shooting scenes.
well, Mr Holiday Inn Express, he was still sore !!! 😝😝🤣🤣

Side note digress:

well, Mr Holiday Inn Express, he was still sore !!! 😝😝🤣🤣
What I read years back was they used the 25 for most of the shooting scenes, and used the 29 for close up shootings. Reason for the 25 was the .45 blanks were more readily available at that time, 😳😳😳😳

I believe its not how many rounds you have, but making the best use of them. Maintaining your composure and putting rounds on target is the hard part. That's what you need to train for.
While not an actual gun fight, I think IDPA competition is about as close as you can get in the real world. You have to run around, your heart is pounding, you have to make use of cover, reload and all the while concentrate on putting rounds on target. I highly recommend it. ;)

I believe its not how many rounds you have, but making the best use of them. Maintaining your composure and putting rounds on target is the hard part. That's what you need to train for.
While not an actual gun fight, I think IDPA competition is about as close as you can get in the real world. You have to run around, your heart is pounding, you have to make use of cover, reload and all the while concentrate on putting rounds on target. I highly recommend it. ;)
The same with IPSC even though their rules are more restrictive regarding platform classes.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. For many years I worked in a non permissive environment where being found carrying would not only cost me my job but I would be black balled.
My choice a j frame in my pocket

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. For many years I worked in a non permissive environment where being found carrying would not only cost me my job but I would be black balled.
My choice a j frame in my pocket
I reckon the argument then would be a micro 9mm would be just as concealable as a J-frame

Capacity is a very important sales tool for guns. But practice is the most important thing. I don't think a good, level-headed shooter needs more than 12 rounds for two people. That said, only one of my handguns holds 12. The rest are between 16 and 22.

Back