testtest

i didn't know Jack Daniels was even doing this

Jack is owned by Brown Forman Company. A big conglomerate.
You would not be drinking a lot of big name brands if that was the case of a boycott.

Let me tell you a story about DEI.
A great friend was about 2 yrs from retirement. The company he worked for was getting sued because there was not a lot of minorities in the upper ranks. Snr Execs caved to DEI and offered my exec buddy a 6 yrs salary and full bonus if he would retire so they could put a lesser qualified minority in his spot. He had to sign legal forms that it wasnt reverse discrimination to force a white man out.

He gladly took it and made $$$$$.
The minority lasted about 2 yrs before the performance of his division was soo bad, they let him go

And...hire the best, most qualified person for the job. Period.
I’ll add while qualifications arw important to
Me what gets overlooked is the employees ability to be trained and do the right thing when nobody is watching them over certifications

I mean NASA proves they could teach monkeys to fly so you could probably teach me to be an electrician or to make whiskey in this case!

I feel what happens as much as the hiring issues is companies are almost afraid to fire folks that become dead weight. Not as bad as governmental agencies but still happens and causes companies to loose productivity

Last edited:
Many of my hardcore JD fans gave it up when they watered it down to 80 proof from its 96. Most went to knob creek

For many decades , it was 90 proof . Briefly went to 86 for a couple of years , then went to 80 . ( That was during the Era that most liquor went to 80 )

But that wasn't it . It was JD's sponsorship and and promotion of drag queens .

If any company or business has an HR department then they have some type of DEI or “inclusion “ program. While the degree might vary they follow some type of program.

So not anything new!
When the Personnel Office became Human Resources you knew this was going into the tank for putting disaffected and unqualified people into the ranks. Used to be one was hired by the person you would be working for. Now, one is hired by the great and powerful HR because only they can run the legal maze of BS laws and regulations.

When the Personnel Office became Human Resources you knew this was going into the tank for putting disaffected and unqualified people into the ranks. Used to be one was hired by the person you would be working for. Now, one is hired by the great and powerful HR because only they can run the legal maze of BS laws and regulations.
It became a trickle down.

Before even the boss or head of the company was usually someone that started at the bottom worked their way up and KNEW the intricate air the company through experience within it and knew everyone’s job.

Then sometime they stated hiring “DEI” and branding themselves “Administrators” or “Executives”

Fast forward line staff are now hired almost the same way like an appointment they usually don’t know or learn their job or know anything about the company.

And while not a hire issue sort of related. I have seen this with people within the LE agency as well. A guy who’s about 12-13 years older than me worked 20 years for the same agency and sat in the same classes and annual training I did. I was on a podcast talking about the various things history etc and he had zero clue in our agency history and several things he should have known simply by showing up

So the “Ostrich with the head in The sand syndrome “ is everywhere even with folks that consider themselves as non DEI as can be!

When I was hired here seven years ago, we had to go through a battery of math and common sense tests, and physical tests. New hires here now are not tested, and believe me I can tell.
When I got hired here 12 years ago they had a mechanical aptitude test and a physical test which included bending and stacking heavy blocks, wheelbarrowing rock, etc. they got rid of both of those tests about 2 years after I got hired.
There is a dramatic increase in employees who are female and gay, although I have to say most of them are good workers and no one has any issues about it. There have been increases in other demographics as well, some with far lower success. Such is life. It doesn’t affect me so I don’t really care. Long as my check don’t bounce que sera sera.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Make whiskey. tractors, motorcycles, sell gentlemen farmers their crap and stay out of social engineering. Or more simply, STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE!
i always believed that businesses, Hollywood, and others in any sort of power, that have followers, should never give thier political views. as to me, its too easy to get them, to follow those views.

i cannot recall who did it first, but i do recall watching the usual talk shows of the day, Dick Cavett, Merv Griffin, Mike Douglass, Johnny Carson...

there was an actor that was rambling about his movie, and then got into giving his opinion on his political beliefs...

i did not want to hear any of that, over his newest movie.

had it been a straight forward political talk show, then fine, but it was not.

never lead your company or business down a path of possible self destruction

Back