testtest

I guess this is the right place to ask

Which table would you pick for a budget?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that's a vice!
Look at the white thing I have it mounted on. It came off one of our work trucks. It slides into a rectangular cavity on the bumper so you can pull a pipe vise out to the side of the truck. I repurposed one to slide in and out of my work bench with this vise.

So I got this here vise. And I also got a pair of soft rubber jaw inserts. This vise rotates 360 degrees off 2 axis'. Got it free too.

bBPgreB.jpg
That’s a really nice vice.

Look at the white thing I have it mounted on. It came off one of our work trucks. It slides into a rectangular cavity on the bumper so you can pull a pipe vise out to the side of the truck. I repurposed one to slide in and out of my work bench with this vise.

Noticed that BB, is a great idea! Thanks! Many work vises used to be mounted on rear bumpers or trailer hitch receivers too. Had thoughts of doing the vise step hitch mount setup with a plate mount receiver mounted underneath bench top more than once to gain bench top space. But, heavy duty vises and hitch parts can get heavier and more awkward as time goes by too. The slide out vise set up could be a back saver.

Something like this may work too?

Noticed that BB, is a great idea! Thanks! Many work vises used to be mounted on rear bumpers or trailer hitch receivers too. Had thoughts of doing the vise step hitch mount setup with a plate mount receiver mounted underneath bench top more than once to gain bench top space. But, heavy duty vises and hitch parts can get heavier and more awkward as time goes by too. The slide out vise set up could be a back saver.

Something like this may work too?

On our work trucks they slide into the rear bumper and telescope out. Then there are flip down arms behind the cab so you can lay long pieces of pipe into it. The rear bumper is also a water tank.

On our work trucks they slide into the rear bumper and telescope out. Then there are flip down arms behind the cab so you can lay long pieces of pipe into it. The rear bumper is also a water tank.

That's pretty cool on both. Gotta love innovation. The slide out vise is great idea. Have used many lengths of pipe off ladder racks over the years. On water filled bumper tanks, found out there's kits out there to make Jeep and other off roaders rear bumpers into water tanks too. Is another great idea.

Back