testtest

I think I might have a problem...

So I like red dots. So I think I always need a project. So I was looking at my "stuff" and saw that my M&P40 1.0 does not have a red dot. Like a dog spotting a squirrel I started looking up options on putting a red dot on a 1.0 M&P.

Now I have found out that the 9 and 40 slides are identical with the exception of the opening for the barrel. I have also found out that there are a lot of NIB 1.0 9mm slides out there.

I'm not even sure that I like Smith and Wesson; we've had a very antoganistic relationship in the past. I buy them. They malfunction. I send them in for repair. They malfunction again. I send them back again. I put them in my safe to sit until the zombie apocalypse where they will probably function without fail, ...for anyone and everyone else but me. Win-win.

This is what happens when you ship off a CZ slide and the business says, "milling a P-07 slide can take 3 - 4 weeks" and you are halfway past week 3. And after you find that rare 6906 that reminds your of your first duty gun only to find out that there is literally no way to mound a light on it so that project is done.

So now I have a new project. But I have a project to finish; my P-07 slide should be home soon. I will probably have another before I know it.....
ATTENTION SPAN.png

Where was I? Oh yeah. I'm starting a new project. I'm going to build a 9mm slide for my M&P40 1.0. Threaded barrel, red dot sight, tacti-cool iron sights. Should be interesting.

More good news. So I decided to put together a 9mm slide for my M&P40 1.0. Buuuuuuuuuuuuutttttt....... I had another project that was delayed due to weather. I had shipped my CZ P-07 slide to Florida to be chopped up for a dot. It was done and made it as far as NC before getting limboed due to what was happening. USPS just texted me its in town and should be in my mailbox tomorrow. 😬

I have two projects. I'm so happy. Fortunately the wife has no idea... Actually she probably doesn't want to know (or care?) why I'm giggling like a school girl as I run to the mailbox.

Maybe I should buy that 4013TSW. I mean who doesn't want a Gen 3 Smith with a light and a dot?
TSW_with red dot.jpg

Or two? Two is a good number.

Back