testtest

Installing Fiber Optic Sights

Can't over tighten as it would strip the threads! When cheap plastic has become a higher cost than steel just look at the auto industry!

Stock Glock plastic sights aren’t threaded. They’re just a plastic stake that’s friction fit.

You replace the front sight by pulling it off with a pliers.

Stock Glock plastic sights aren’t threaded. They’re just a plastic stake that’s friction fit.

You replace the front sight by pulling it off with a pliers.
I'm not stating the post has an external thread, but is internally threaded. My gen4s are, but don't know about other gens?

Thank you for the info. I guess that's what I need to do is just get it to the range and try it out. I live in a suburb, wish I lived somewhere more rural so I could go test it out in my back yard...lol. The fiber optic rod fell out??? That's scary. I bubbled it pretty good on both ends, it wont' move at all so I'm hoping it will hold but I am worried that the whole sight will fly off. I have loctite on the screw but it just doesn't seen like a very strong screw. Thanks for the info.

Yes, I really like fiber optic sights, but I am not horribly impressed with these sights. I really think they do the best they can with the Taurus design. The sight design is poor to put it nicely. I think the G3 is an excellent pistol, but the factory sights were awful (very dim). The front sight just having that little screw that you have to trust the Loctite to hold under fire....not really ideal. I think I may have put 100 rounds in after the fiber optic sight fix. It will be interesting to see if they hold up with more use.

And yes, it is super nice to be able to head to the back field and throw some lead around!! Good luck with your sights.

Yes, I really like fiber optic sights, but I am not horribly impressed with these sights. I really think they do the best they can with the Taurus design. The sight design is poor to put it nicely. I think the G3 is an excellent pistol, but the factory sights were awful (very dim). The front sight just having that little screw that you have to trust the Loctite to hold under fire....not really ideal. I think I may have put 100 rounds in after the fiber optic sight fix. It will be interesting to see if they hold up with more use.

And yes, it is super nice to be able to head to the back field and throw some lead around!! Good luck with your sights.
I agree, I don't think the sights are very high quality. The ones I got from Lakeline llc seem....ok. I had a hard time getting the front one to go straight, seemed like I just couldn't get it tweeked right on both my Taurus G2C and the G3. Heading to the range tomorrow after work to check and see if my sight install on both will hold water. If they don't fall off, I'll be happy, if they don't fall off and they sights are actually on target, I'll be amazed...lol

I forgot to ask, were your fiber optic sights accurate after the install?

Ok! Got to go to the range after work today to do some shooting with my new XD45 Mod 2 4-inch service model. I think I'm in love. It's the most ergonomic .45 I've ever shot, very comfortable to shoot and very accurate. The silhouette target I was using had no heart and no head after six 13-round magazines. It performed flawlessly at 10 yards. I had my Crimson Trace CMD-209 light attached and it was just fine. This Springfield XD45 Mod 2 is the real deal. I'm thrilled with it.

Also, I had recently installed fiber optic sights on my Taurus G2C and my Taurus G3 9mm handguns. Here's a true story that I myself even have a hard time believing......the sights I installed myself on the G2C were dead on. No one was more surprised than me, believe me. This was my first two instances of installing handgun sights. After putting three rounds thru the bullseye at 10 yards with the G2C I went to check to make sure the sights hadn't popped off, exploded, or conjured a genie. I had to retrieve the target and look it over to make sure someone in the next firing lane wasn't feeling sorry for me or something, but it was my shots. I was summarily speechless, Murphy's Law follows me around in every aspect of my life so I was dumbfounded. I put four 15 round Pro-mags thru it and except for a couple of flyers, all the rounds were within about a 4 inch group. So, amazed as I was, I decided to see if my fiber optic install job on the Taurus G3 was equally miraculous. It wasn't, but the rear sight was just a tick off the left. I brought my tools with me so I loosened the screw and moved the sights over to the right just a hair and started putting round after round thru center mass. I will say this about the Taurus G3, I've shot many, many 9mm handguns throughout my life and I'd rank the Taurus G3 up there with the best of them. The trigger is smooth and the fiber optic sights, green rear and red front, make target acquisition very quick. I put six 15 round magazines thru the G3 with no FTF or FTE. It's a very smooth shooter, no complaints at all on the G3. I picked mine up for $249.99 and it's an absolute bargain for how nice of a handgun it is. The fiber optic sights from Lakeline are a definite improvement for both Taurus pistols. So, a really good day at the range to cap off a long work week. Can't say enough good things about the XD45 Mod 2, it runs great and is very accurate and ergonomic.

Delved into my first fiber optics sight set install the other day on my Taurus G3 9mm. All went well as far as the install but I can't seem to make up my mind if the front sight is on straight or not. One minute I'll look at it and it seems ok, the next, it seems like the sight is canted just a bit to the right. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but is there a method, other than just eyeballing, to confirm the front sight is in line with the bore axis if the slide?
I don't know about Taurus but the Springfield sights are a bitch to change out I had the cheap Chinese sight pushing tool break so I purchased an American made sight pushing tool $$$$ it cost more than the sights. But it worked fine I replaced my XDM OSP Factory sight with TRU Glo Fiber Optic sights and what an improvement they are bright and my shot group tightened up as tight as a frogs ass and that's watertight.
TRUEGLOWXDM9MM.jpg

Back