testtest

Issues with brand new Ronin 1911 4.25 9mm

First time posting here. I bought a brand new Ronin 1991 4.25 9mm. I shot it for the first time today and had multiple jams. First shot fired fine, then jammed. Re racked the slide, went bang then click. This happened for the whole magazine. Once it jammed so bad that I really had to muscle the slide, another time after a good shot the hammer didn't even get cocked. I thought it could be an ammo issue so I switched brands for the next magizine. Bang, then click, re rack, it fires 3 consecutive shots, then jams again. I gave up after that mag. I contacted Springfield customer service but wanted to get this forum's thoughts on this issue. BTW I am a novice when it comes to guns. This is my first 1911.

Are you using the stock magazines? Get a Wilson Combat or Chip McCormick magazine and see if the problem still exists. Did you clean and lube the gun before you took it to the range. You need to do that, if you haven’t. As you are a 1911 rookie Google Idiot Scratch before you disassemble your Ronin. Also, what type of ammo were you using, ball or hollow points? Some 1911s do not like some types of hollow points or flat-nosed FMJs.

A quick explanation on “limp wrist”
Or strong hold, if you don’t hold the gun firmly the slide will lose energy as it works to reload and reset the gun for the next round, also as mentioned if you haven’t cleaned and oiled the gun prior to shooting it’s probably dry.
Break this gun in with good FMJ ball ammunition. Next time at the range let the range officer shoot it to see if he/she has the same problem or let a friend who maybe has more experience,
Don’t let this frustrate you you’ll get there.
Welcome to the forum from Kentucky.

Million dollar idea. :)
I think the heaviest bullet I’ve seen for 9mm is 170gr (?)…I know I’ve seen 160gr as a subsonic load for carbines.

I don’t think you’d be able to make a 230gr 9mm bullet that would fit in a standard 9mm magazine—short of using uranium or a similar super-heavy metal—and still have enough space in the cartridge for enough powder to push it out the barrel fast enough to do damage.

I think the heaviest bullet I’ve seen for 9mm is 170gr (?)…I know I’ve seen 160gr as a subsonic load for carbines.

I don’t think you’d be able to make a 230gr 9mm bullet that would fit in a standard 9mm magazine—short of using uranium or a similar super-heavy metal—and still have enough space in the cartridge for enough powder to push it out the barrel fast enough to do damage.
Pfft. Those are merely engineering problems. Think about it, we could end the .45 v 9mm debate forever. :cool:

I’m seeing a bullet that falls to the floor 6 feet from where it was fired!

Maybe tungsten but I'm not sure if lead is heavier

What type of ammo are you using? Are you handling this weapon strongly or holding it gently?
First time posting here. I bought a brand new Ronin 1991 4.25 9mm. I shot it for the first time today and had multiple jams. First shot fired fine, then jammed. Re racked the slide, went bang then click. This happened for the whole magazine. Once it jammed so bad that I really had to muscle the slide, another time after a good shot the hammer didn't even get cocked. I thought it could be an ammo issue so I switched brands for the next magizine. Bang, then click, re rack, it fires 3 consecutive shots, then jams again. I gave up after that mag. I contacted Springfield customer service but wanted to get this forum's thoughts on this issue. BTW I am a novice when it comes to guns. This is my first 1911.

Make sure your not limp wristing the pistol as this will cause feeding issues, also like Simon said try different magazine
Even though I hate to admit it I may have been limp wristing. I watched some videos and believe I didn't have my wrists locked out. I'm going to try again next weekend. I was using fiocchi range dynamics 115 gr.

I had this same issue with my 1911 mil spec. Didn’t matter what ammo I used. Ended up sending it to Springfield. They polished the feed ramp and did something else, can’t remember, but it works like a dream now.

I have both of the 9mm Ronin's and have zero issues with them. However, you do need to make sure to give it a good cleaning first and make sure that she is well lubed. I use the magazines that Springfield sends and both of them have been very reliable.

In fact, the only Ronin I had any failures with was the 10mm, and that was my fault. I didn't clean and lube like I should.

Back