testtest

It's the sights

I love SAO pistols, especially of the 45acp variety. I have a number of 1911's including Colts, SIG, S&W. I have been carrying my SIG 1911STX for the past year and love that pistol. But I have made the jump back to my SIG P220 Legion SAO as my EDC. The reason: the sights. I installed Trijicon HD sights on the P220 years ago, and none of the 1911 sights measure up for my old eyes. So I will carry the old friend P 220, which I shoot well, at least until I can find some better sights for the 1911.

I love SAO pistols, especially of the 45acp variety. I have a number of 1911's including Colts, SIG, S&W. I have been carrying my SIG 1911STX for the past year and love that pistol. But I have made the jump back to my SIG P220 Legion SAO as my EDC. The reason: the sights. I installed Trijicon HD sights on the P220 years ago, and none of the 1911 sights measure up for my old eyes. So I will carry the old friend P 220, which I shoot well, at least until I can find some better sights for the 1911.
Did Sig use some weird proprietary sight cuts?

I know Trijicon makes HD’s for various 1911 models…

I have Trijicon HD sights on all my SIG P Series pistols. The 1911 stx has a target rear sight and I haven't been able to get Trijicon to commit that they make a HD sight that fits the dovetail. I plan to send them the STX slide to see if they can fit HD sights on it. They will install the sights if they can fit it. We shall see.

I have Trijicon HD sights on all my SIG P Series pistols. The 1911 stx has a target rear sight and I haven't been able to get Trijicon to commit that they make a HD sight that fits the dovetail. I plan to send them the STX slide to see if they can fit HD sights on it. They will install the sights if they can fit it. We shall see.
with there being different kinds/types of dt's are all the same measurements? if so, that'll cut down on finding the right fit.

I’m confused. Why would Sig do something that’s going to cost you way more than standard sights? Wouldn’t that be gouging? What’s next? You going to tell me Sig will charge you $7.00 for two Romeo optic screws and then charge $10.00 for shipping.

I’ll see myself out. 🙄🙄🙄

1725675393872.jpeg

To be clear, in my 70's it has become increasingly difficult for me to get sharp focus on the front sight. Those tiny GI type sights on a 1911 are out of the question. Square notch target sights are not a lot better. When I first tried the Trijicon HD night sights at the SIG academy years ago I have been a fan. The SIG X-Ray sights they are putting on new guns in recent years are very similar. I have a number of pistols with adjustable target sights but I have no use for them on a carry gun. I am not shooting Bullseye. When in my 20's I wanted adjustable sights on my carry guns. Not so much any more.

As my eyes age, I put a pair of Heine Straight 8 sights on a Glock 26 and they stand out for my tired eyes. Wide notch on either side of the post, I can see them without my readers. I will be 60 soon...red dot on my carry gun solved it back in my 40's but I still love the idea of irons. Old habits and all.

Back