testtest

Just My Reasoning

I carry a gun not because I’m looking for a fight, but because I want to be left alone. The gun I carry means I cannot be easily forced, only persuaded. It doesn’t stop those who want to interact with me using reason, but it does cause a problem with those who choose to use force. By making force a less viable option it makes my carrying a gun a civilizing act.

I carry a gun not because I’m looking for a fight, but because I want to be left alone. The gun I carry means I cannot be easily forced, only persuaded. It doesn’t stop those who want to interact with me using reason, but it does cause a problem with those who choose to use force. By making force a less viable option it makes my carrying a gun a civilizing act.
I dont think the vast majority of folks with a gun are looking for a fight. We want to “defend” ourselves. We are not the agressor. We are those who choose to not be the victim if put i the situation forced upon us.

I dont want to use my gun. Hope it never gets fired in anger. Ever.

I would state everyone on this site feels same way

Put in a life situation though, we will react.

i carry my gun, due to several factors..

1) i am old and cannot run fast, climb a fence, or even "duck and cover" if someone was coming after me, doing a home invasion, or breaking and entering.

2) i have had 4 major back operations...and then read #1 again.

3) my wife and i live in an area that was once the greatest place on earth to live. (middle to upper middle income) but time and the ever changing influx of low income people, investors from out of state buying up houses and renting them out to those people, have turned this area upside down.

*4) the wife and i have seen much in the way of "gentrification"

5) NO...we cannot move away, please do not even suggest that.

* the process whereby the character of a poor urban area is changed by wealthier people moving in, improving housing, and attracting new businesses, typically displacing current inhabitants in the process.

I dont think the vast majority of folks with a gun are looking for a fight. We want to “defend” ourselves. We are not the agressor. We are those who choose to not be the victim if put i the situation forced upon us.

I dont want to use my gun. Hope it never gets fired in anger. Ever.

I would state everyone on this site feels same way

Put in a life situation though, we will react.
THIS…

Well maybe my life experience has been a bit different than some. I've a few reasons, several of which the comments above are pertinent. Key here is as somorris cited with a caveat - I refuse to be a victim AGAIN. I've been attacked, and robbed etc on several occasions when I was small/younger. That is why I got into martial arts and fighting skillset training. Mrs Trader has a saying "it stops when I say it stops". Carrying a firearm and other implements adds to the decision to not be a victim anymore. 🥷

I carry for the same reason I have a spare tire. You will very seldom need it, BUT when you do, you need it badly, and nothing else will do the job. Having to use a weapon to defend oneself is a terrible thing. The only thing worse is having one’s self or one’s loved one’s brutalized by a predator, regardless of said predator’s number of legs

Back