testtest

KIMBER 1911 PISTOLS

This thread might be of interest to you-

Sorry I missed that thread good info. I too have noticed the engraving but have had several SA's and never had any failures.

Only grip I have with mine is the Swartz safty, you CAN NOT TOUCH THE GRIP SAFETY WHEN TAKING A KIMBER DOWN…… it will lock up the slide and frame and you won’t get them apart…..it is very easy to mess up with the safety …….trust me on this….

I haven't seen any pros/cons on Kimber 1911's. It's possible I simply missed finding information on these.
i had a Custom II, which meant it had the Schwartz safety, and it was a 2 tone.

it started having issues, but not with the safety, and frankly, i have forgotten all by now.

but, i called the factory down south, thier new home.

i had a GREAT CS person to talk to, and he told me how to send it back.

turn around time was said to be 10 to 20 days,,,

but i got it back the following week!........... that i remember clearly

much work was done, they sent me the work/repair order, and the gun came back perfect.

it shot great, i liked the Kimber cuz it was a 1911.

but i had to cut back on my inventory, i had too many, to keep up with.

i'd buy another in a heartbeat hands down.

I have owned one Kimber. The Ultra tactical ll which had the 3" BBL. I brought it home , took it apart , cleaned and re-lubed it. In the first 300 rounds I had 2 failure to feed and one failure to extract. After that no problems at all.

It was plenty accurate also.

Ive only had one Kimber. It was a Solo and one of the best looking CC’s ever imho. Felt great in the hand and was very accurate, BUT I could never get it to run. After 400+ rounds of trying various Expensive SD ammo and never getting through 2 magazines without an FTF or FTE, even After a trip back to the mothership I gave up and swapped it for a 938 which Never failed me. I’ve been tempted by a couple Kimber 1911’s, but that bad experience kept me from ever making the leap. They build some good looking pistols.👍

Kimber is like the Glock of 1911s. You have a bunch of die hard fan boys who claim its the greatest gun ever made and just feel obligated to tell everybody anywhere near them. Nothing will ever change their minds and they won't stand for someone to speak ill of their true love.
Back when I was shooting IDPA regularly, I saw more Kimbers choke on the firing line than any other brand of pistol. I wouldn't have one of 'em. (n)

Kimber is like the Glock of 1911s. You have a bunch of die hard fan boys who claim its the greatest gun ever made and just feel obligated to tell everybody anywhere near them. Nothing will ever change their minds and they won't stand for someone to speak ill of their true love.
Back when I was shooting IDPA regularly, I saw more Kimbers choke on the firing line than any other brand of pistol. I wouldn't have one of 'em. (n)
IMG_2835.jpeg

Back