testtest

Kimber Micro 9?

Okay, so I have given up on being able to find a micro 9 that is DA/SA. I had picked up a Smith CSX fully expecting that since it is the big S&W I would be able to one day find a TLR-6 for it. Well, apparently Smith sucks. At least that Smith sucks enough that no one is doing anything for it besides trying to sell it in a rainbow of colors.

Since I cannot find a DA/SA micro 9 I will look to SAO micro 9's. Does anyone have any experience with the Kimber models? Is there anything else out there that would take the TLR6 meant for the Kimbers, or has a rail; milling for a dot seems easier than anything else?

I have a Kimber Nightfall. It fits my hand great, and it's snappy as he77. I carry it only when It's very hot and I don't have other options as it only holds 6 rounds. Great purse gun but I hate carrying off body.

IMG_4779.jpeg

Okay, so I have given up on being able to find a micro 9 that is DA/SA. I had picked up a Smith CSX fully expecting that since it is the big S&W I would be able to one day find a TLR-6 for it. Well, apparently Smith sucks. At least that Smith sucks enough that no one is doing anything for it besides trying to sell it in a rainbow of colors.

Since I cannot find a DA/SA micro 9 I will look to SAO micro 9's. Does anyone have any experience with the Kimber models? Is there anything else out there that would take the TLR6 meant for the Kimbers, or has a rail; milling for a dot seems easier than anything else?
Are you hung up on hammer fired guns ? Because I can point in you in several directions for strikers that will do all that, with higher capacity and weigh significantly less.

I had one of these, many issues, poor customer support, if you really want this size, I would recommend the Sig P938, better quality firearm, better warranty and customer support. Just my opinion

Last edited:
I had a micro 9 when they first came out years ago. Seemed to work ok but I didn't like round falling out when removing magazine. I called Kimber and they told me that was normal. This was the first and only gun that did that. I got rid of it not too long after that and have stayed away from Kimber products since then.

Get a Sig 938.

So, apologies; I didn’t fully read your post.

Rail, and dot ready?

If you’re willing to go SAO…get one of the micro strikers with a thumb safety. Really no difference, besides a meh trigger (plenty of aftermarket options, there, depending on your choice).

I really like the Wilson P365’s; a Hellcat might work, as well, or a Shield+.

@Bassbob is quite fond of his Masada…

So, apologies; I didn’t fully read your post.

Rail, and dot ready?

If you’re willing to go SAO…get one of the micro strikers with a thumb safety. Really no difference, besides a meh trigger (plenty of aftermarket options, there, depending on your choice).

I really like the Wilson P365’s; a Hellcat might work, as well, or a Shield+.

@Bassbob is quite fond of his Masada…
I've got a striker fired that I carry for duty. 43x MOS, withh all the typical upgrades. Holosun 507K. TLR-7. 15 round mags. Fiber optic front sight..... I love it.

I'm looking for something smaller. Has the same upgrades (maybe not mag capacity), but hammer fired. Preferably DA/SA. You know, something that doesn't exist. A unicorn.

....sorry. Unicorns do exist. The pistol I want does not.

1000000828.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a striker fired that I carry for duty. 43x MOS, withh all the typical upgrades. Holosun 507K. TLR-7. 15 round mags. Fiber optic front sight..... I love it.

I'm looking for something smaller. Has the same upgrades (maybe not mag capacity), but hammer fired. Preferably DA/SA. You know, something that doesn't exist. A unicorn.

The HK P2000sk is pretty dang small for what it is. May be worth a look.

View attachment 67430
1727580136976.jpeg

Back