testtest

Lets see some “old school”

Can't show pics due to recent move and I haven't found my camera yet. Will post when I find it. "Old" includes 1967 Remington 700, 1968 Remington 870 Wingmaster, and a 1908 Mauser .32 ACP my Dad brought home from WW2. Both Remingtons look and shoot as well as they did when I got them. The Waffenfabrik plant that the Mauser came from was bombed by the Allies in WW1 and never rebuilt. Dad and I shot that pistol so much that the rifling was worn smooth. I just took it to a trusted gunsmith friend who does this kind of work and is relining the barrel as well as checking all the parts to see if anything else needs attention. It was a decent shooter and never a malfunction before the barrel wore smooth. I just have to restore it in memory of my Dad.

Not sure if it's just the camera angle, but is the top one's barrel shorter than the bottom one's? If it is...you many have something unusual, there.

I think it's probably camera angle. The lighting in my office causes a lot of shadows if I try to photograph anything straight-on. I've thought about paying S&W for the history report to learn more about the gun, but have never gone ahead with it because I don't plan to ever sell the gun.

My uncle had two adult sons, so I expected the gun to pass to one of them after he passed. Unfortunately, my uncle raised his kids in Austin and neither of them wanted a gun in the house. I'm still holding out hope that at least one of them will come around, and will happily give it to whichever one of them asks for it.

Back