testtest

Limited Special Edition 50th Anniversary M1A Rifle

Ok, this is the USA…..speaka da engwish! 😬😬
The poster asked if the rifle is available in France. I'm not sure if it is but I was curious as to the firearm laws in France are regarding ownership and this was the reply.

Engwish translation from French:
"Yes we can have this weapon if we shoot in a club only with a shooting license renewable once a year
it is category B in France"

Oui on peut avoir cette arme ci on tir dans un club uniquement avec une licence de tir renouvelable 1 foi par ans
c'est de la catégorie B en France

Je ne suis pas sûr des lois d'exportation concernant ce fusil. Vous pouvez contacter directement le service client de Springfield Armory avec vos questions. Je recommanderais une application de traduction pour que le message soit rédigé en anglais. J'utilise actuellement Google Translate pour converser avec vous.

Je ne suis pas sûr des lois d'exportation concernant ce fusil. Vous pouvez contacter directement le service client de Springfield Armory avec vos questions. Je recommanderais une application de traduction pour que le message soit rédigé en anglais. J'utilise actuellement Google Translate pour converser avec vous.

Yea, what he said………☝️☝️☝️☝️

I am not sure of the export laws regarding this rifle. You can contact Springfield Armory customer service directly with your questions. I would recommend a translation app to get the message written in English. I am currently using Google Translate to converse with you.

I have two M1a rifles
a standard model and
load in French
excellent rifle

Without a doubt, you are correct that the lugs are illegal in a handful of states yes, but they ought to make them available for those of us who live in relatively "free" states where you can have the lugs. Make the "neutered" ones for the commie states. I mean, they already make "California compliant" versions of their pistols. It's obviously a pain to have to stock two different parts to assemble these rifles, but most of us who buy one of these would swap out the flash suppressor with no lug for one with a lug otherwise. I know I would.

Time was, they made these rifles WITH the lugs. I once had an earlier model M1A. Also had all USGI parts, barrel, trigger group, bolt, etc. AND the lug. And I am sure they still ship these rifles with the 20-round mags for the majority of us who can still own them. I know in "ban states" they have to toss a 5 or 10 rounder in lieu of the "evil" 20-rounder, LOL. But if they are putting the lug on this special rifle then I don't see why they can't make it "general issue" again. I am in the market for another M1A but I am not interested in a Springfield right now (mainly because they "neuter" them). I am actually considering a Bula Defense because it looks more like a REAL M-14 that I used in the US Army. (And they are the current contractor providing spare parts and whatnot to the Army today for the rifles they still have in service).

I just have an issue with companies that kowtow to the gun grabbers. Like S&W, still making the majority of their revolvers with the stupid "Hillary Hole" (the lock on the side). Most states don't require them. Most of us prefer our S&W's without the locks. Of course the collectors of the old school S&W's love this because it increases the value of their collections, LOL. I only buy pre-lock and NO-Lock S&W's now (they make 642 and 442 either with or without them and possibly one other). I say save the neutered stuff only for the commie states and let the rest of us have the correct stuff, LOL. But I digress.
With all due respect KH1, I've emphasized one particular sentence of your post here to make a simple comment ... It's apparent what you're trying to say and how you feel, much like most of us here on the forum, but the fact is manufacturers don't "kowtow" to the gun grabbers". In fact they build what can be bought by other pro gun folks in the commie states. Without these special builds, those folks would be left out in the cold and be able to buy nothing, or very little. My mindset is much like yours and I hate the fact that's these special builds are even necessary, but I can't/won't blame the manufacturers. And as far as I'm concerned, the laws requiring these neutered guns are totally unconstitutional, yet they exist so neutered guns are needed. The manufacturers are simply trying to provide a product as close to normal as possible for those pro gun folks in locations that do not allow normalcy. Peace!

Very very nice I saw it earlier this week in an article very cool looking price is not all that bad for something like that
Out of curiosity, what is average/common the price on these today? I remember a time, probably back in the late '70's and early '80's, one could be bought for around $400-$500 IIRC. I was never a dealer but at one time I did help sometimes with delivery of a particular gun to another buyer. Not because the buyer was prohibited, but because I had several friends who were dealers and I could make a delivery for them. I was involved with a very large gun club with many dealers but worked quite a distance away. There was a few instances of where the dealer would make a sale to someone I worked with and when the gun came in to the dealer, I would deliver it to the buyer ... but only if I knew the buyer personally to be a responsible, law abiding owner. And remember this was back before the background check was even required. I was always particular about selling or just delivering any firearm to anyone whom I didn't know personally.

The poster asked if the rifle is available in France. I'm not sure if it is but I was curious as to the firearm laws in France are regarding ownership and this was the reply.

Engwish translation from French:
"Yes we can have this weapon if we shoot in a club only with a shooting license renewable once a year
it is category B in France"
Damn, ain't that a shame? The above emphasis is mine.

I haven't been this excited in a long time! You had to of read my mind. I've already contacted my FFL, I must own this rifle. I am a huge Springfield Armory fan. I really really thank you Springfield. My M1A isn't going to sit in a crate, I'm going take it out in the woods and enjoy it!
Mike H. I contacted my FFL and they have not heard anything about this rifle yet. When will it be out for sale?

Out of curiosity, what is average/common the price on these today? I remember a time, probably back in the late '70's and early '80's, one could be bought for around $400-$500 IIRC. I was never a dealer but at one time I did help sometimes with delivery of a particular gun to another buyer. Not because the buyer was prohibited, but because I had several friends who were dealers and I could make a delivery for them. I was involved with a very large gun club with many dealers but worked quite a distance away. There was a few instances of where the dealer would make a sale to someone I worked with and when the gun came in to the dealer, I would deliver it to the buyer ... but only if I knew the buyer personally to be a responsible, law abiding owner. And remember this was back before the background check was even required. I was always particular about selling or just delivering any firearm to anyone whom I didn't know personally.
About right. I secured one of the last new ones with numerous G.I. parts, walnut stock, TRW bolt & an ART IV scope mount. By the mid-'80's the demand was so high that they ran out of barrels and began shipping the standard M1A with National Match barrels and front sights (and are so marked). $600-$700 in 1986.

Attachments

• M14DK3.jpg
    M14DK3.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 58
Back