testtest

List of EV vehicles and tax credits cutting down

Old_Me

SAINT
i was at the gun club meeting 2 weeks ago, and this husband/wife, had just leased a new Tesla, the wife said they get a tax credit.

however, those credits are coming to an end for many soon to be bought or leased.

what i care about, is are they going to pay a per mile road tax as well...??

otherwise if they don't, then wouldn't that put more of a burden on the rest of us in higher fuel taxes, at the pumps..???

Isn't penalizing fossil fuel users part of the point?
well, if the EV owners think that they will not be paying any highway user tax, then yes.

sooo, i hope they pay just above what gasoline/diesel/propane fuels pay in taxes.

in addition to recharging fee's.

there still won't be any sizeable infrastructure set up anytime soon, and i am including apartment buildings, office buildings, colleges, schools, hospitals, factories, etc, where people work and need a recharge.

it's a massive undertaking, and with supply chain issues as they are now..????

i just don't "see" the 2035 dealing being met in some if not all states, that are pushing this agenda. .

best to do what Toyota is going to do, stay gasoline/hybrid......and experiment more with Hydrogen.

No way in hades will I ever get an electric vehicle, our power grid won’t take the strain and this green energy crap is political, just like climate change they keep pushing on us, study the history of our planet, it goes through heating up and cooling down over the centuries, now I’m not saying our weather hasn’t changed for the worse right now, it happens, but humans are maybe causing some of the issues, but not all, just my thoughts.

No way in hades will I ever get an electric vehicle, our power grid won’t take the strain and this green energy crap is political, just like climate change they keep pushing on us, study the history of our planet, it goes through heating up and cooling down over the centuries, now I’m not saying our weather hasn’t changed for the worse right now, it happens, but humans are maybe causing some of the issues, but not all, just my thoughts.
Exactly, weather changes; Life is cyclical. Life here on Earth is perhaps more affected by things and events in the solar system and out of our control. No surprise the me me me generation thinks they are at the center of it all and can somehow stop it.

ALL IT WILL DO IS MAKE ELECTRIC PRICES SKYROCKET!!!!!!!!! IT'S BAD ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!! MY NORMAL ELECTRIC BILL BEFORE SCAMS WAS AROUND $340/MONTH. AFTER SCAMS THERE WAS AN ADDED $170 FOR SURCHARGE COST. NG HAS GONE DOWN, BUT ELECTRICITY HAS NOT! AN EXTRA 50% IS A SCAM WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! THE WORST THING IS I'M STUCK WITH THESE JACKASSES FOR ELECTRICITY! WHAT ARE THE WORKERS GETTING..........PAY RAISES. THEY CAN FLUSTER CLUCK THEMSELVES!

The greenie movement is a sham.
Big money is in promoting the scam.
Though pollution should always be a concern, USA has made tremendous efforts in reducing it. How? By closing up as many factories as possible as well as heavily regulate existing emissions including that in transportation.
Look at the BRICS nation line up. That’s one giant global conglomerate of polluters.

Here in ILLinois, the utilities continue to raise the rates and although rate increases are regulated, they are never challenged or denied. Stock holders always see profit increases as consumers foot these bills, not only that but bill-paying consumers also foot a portion of their bill to pay for deadbeats.

IL as well as other states, collect a portion of gasoline tax for infrastructure use above the general sales tax. I believe IL leads the pack of 49 with the highest gasoline tax surcharges. Here our electric car owners pay a little more for their license plates to offset the gas taxation losses. It was proposed as high as $1000 extra but the lobby complained and now it’s just $100 ($251) more annually than a gas car ($151). So the activism sector still pays less for their share of road use wear and tear.

Yep, in the past 2 years, electricity cost have gone up and coal fired and nuclear generation plants were shuttered with more to closures come. The pols made EV’s attractive with trinkets but some of the greenies are starting to wake up.
Supply and demand. The bureaucrats control both including escalating costs.
It’s no small wonder an IL House speaker was indicted for scheming roles and influence in our electricity provider and how the governor is still shuttering downstate generators in favor of windmills.

i have been "approached" by at least 2 different solar roof companies.

on the surface, it all sounds good, until i do the math and see that (on average) it's like 10 years, before those panels actually pay for themselves.

i may not live 10 more years, or be in this house 10 more years, so like what, i gotta "give" the profits of MY electricity to some schmuck that buys this house.>????

(10 years payback given on the size and number of solar panels on my roof)

My mother had solar panels setup that provides power to the supplier that runs (basically) the meter backwards. Her bill is less than half. If you set it up to power during outages then you need a ton of batteries and that ain't cheap!
yeah, i know, and at my age, i'd rather not invest anymore money into "this old house", only to have a new owner reap the rewards.

then too, space here is nearly all used up, no place for batteries.

I don't need an EV (who does?), and I will never buy an EV even if they offer other peoples money to help me pay for it. The entire movement is a money/political power grab, and I refuse to participate.
EFUnTamXkAQyM4o.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a thunk! If they (other countries) do the dirty work and all goes to hell then it's over there. It's cheaper over there. Now for the rest.................the US needs to improve jobs as our populus increases. Making it here (US) there's no need for embargo taxing and no waiting for those several ships 10 miles offshore to dock and unload after months of waiting causing delays. Do we really need to fortify other countries that deem us bad, but good enough to do business with. I don't believe it's 1 of those "keep your enemies close" situations.

Back