testtest

Long gun and side arm tests after two Factory repairs

Well folks, I put another 50 rnd box of S&B 180's through my 1911 and also a 20rnd box of Federal Amer Eag 150 FMJBT through my M1A SOCOM earlier the evening. Both recently back from factory repair. The Kimber has been back a bit longer and is up to 250 rounds now with no malfunctions!πŸ‘ I'm getting happier and happier every time I run a box through it without a problem. I was shooting at a small AR500 silouete at fifteen yards and hitting about every third shot with the 1911 10mm I'm no pistol marksman by any means so I was happy with my accuracy!

The SOCOM cycled the 20 rnds without a problem at all also. The muzzle break even stayed on tight!πŸ˜‚ I was shooting at a 8" square AR500 gong at 120 yards. Fifteen shots fired from a rest with about 30% of the shots hitting. Five shots fired standing free hand with two shots hitting. All with the factory open ghost ring sight, so I'm happy. After I mount the goods back on it I'm going to set up some AR500 targets of multiple size in the tight woods and do a mocked up CQB stage and see how I do. I'm pretty excited. I'll keep you posted!

Both targets have previous hits from other day's shooting. They are not all from today. πŸ‘
IMG_20220609_205619779_HDR.jpg
Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!

Well folks, I put another 50 rnd box of S&B 180's through my 1911 and also a 20rnd box of Federal Amer Eag 150 FMJBT through my M1A SOCOM earlier the evening. Both recently back from factory repair. The Kimber has been back a bit longer and is up to 250 rounds now with no malfunctions!πŸ‘ I'm getting happier and happier every time I run a box through it without a problem. I was shooting at a small AR500 silouete at fifteen yards and hitting about every third shot with the 1911 10mm I'm no pistol marksman by any means so I was happy with my accuracy!

The SOCOM cycled the 20 rnds without a problem at all also. The muzzle break even stayed on tight!πŸ˜‚ I was shooting at a 8" square AR500 gong at 120 yards. Fifteen shots fired from a rest with about 30% of the shots hitting. Five shots fired standing free hand with two shots hitting. All with the factory open ghost ring sight, so I'm happy. After I mount the goods back on it I'm going to set up some AR500 targets of multiple size in the tight woods and do a mocked up CQB stage and see how I do. I'm pretty excited. I'll keep you posted!

Both targets have previous hits from other day's shooting. They are not all from today. πŸ‘
View attachment 28074Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!
The M1A looks like a beast! I’d love one of them. Some day, maybe.

Glad to hear the guns are working sort of a run of bad luck needing to send two back but issues seems fixed up.
It was a bit of an inconvenience. However, I understand that these are not custom firearm manufacturers. Or at least my model 1911 and M1A are not custom. They are mass produced on an assembly line I would think. Either way, they are produced in a large amount when it comes to numbers.
That being said. In my honest opinion. Im not at all surprised and would expect not all but some of these firearms that come off the line to be required to be sent back for fine tuning. Springfield and Kimber are both great reputable manufacturers of fire arms, so as long as they make the proper finer tuning, repairs, and or adjustments made in timely manner. After having them shipped back to them. Then cover all the expenses including shipping. Im fine with it. Both Springfield and Kimber did exactly that. The firearm's perform and function as well as I would expect them too now. Therefore, Im happy with not only the firearms but the two manufacturer's as well!πŸ‘

50 more rounds through my Kimber TLE/RL II yesterday. That should put it up to 300 rounds now. With no cleaning and no malfunctions since factory repair! πŸ‘ Im pretty happy. I don't think I'll clean it until the 500 mark just to see if it continues to cycle flawlessly up to that number without cleaning. I feel that's a good goal for the pistol.πŸ‘

Also, 40 more rnds through the SOCOM CQB. After mounting the Vortex Venom 3MOA red dot back on her, and firing from multiple ranges starting at 50yds to 15O yds, and also at multiple size AR500's. The Springfield shot very well, and with very few miss'. All miss' due to my lack of skills. Not the accuracy of the carbine. I'm now pretty happy with the M1A for certain! However, I'm thinking about ditching the red dot and trying a very low power ACOG. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted πŸ‘

Last edited:
My 1911 has got to be pushing the 800rnd mark now after the factory repair last year. I mag dumped six factory mags yesterday at an AR 500 target and the pistol performed flawlessly as I expected. I still haven't cleaned it since the repairs. I'm not easy on my pistols by any means. I don't baby them or treat them like a 100 year old violen. Quite the opposite really. If any one of my firearms won't do its job and function properly and reliably every time I use it like any other good tool should? Be it dirty or clean? I get rid of it! The Kimber 10mm TLE is here in my arsenal to stay! That's for sure! A well performing pistol I can honestly say I trust and rely on that just feels good and comfortable to shoot at the same time when firing. While also having plenty of power in a side arm. I really couldn't be happier! πŸ‘

What ever arm you decide to bring that day? Just make sure you "Bring Enough Gun" Even if its a Battleship!
Screenshot_20221230-173128~2.png
God bless ladies and gentleman, and exercise your second amendment right to keep and bear arms! An armed country will stay a free country!πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight! πŸ‘

My 1911 has got to be pushing the 800rnd mark now after the factory repair last year. I mag dumped six factory mags yesterday at an AR 500 target and the pistol performed flawlessly as I expected. I still haven't cleaned it since the repairs. I'm not easy on my pistols by any means. I don't baby them or treat them like a 100 year old violen. Quite the opposite really. If any one of my firearms won't do its job and function properly and reliably every time I use it like any other good tool should? Be it dirty or clean? I get rid of it! The Kimber 10mm TLE is here in my arsenal to stay! That's for sure! A well performing pistol I can honestly say I trust and rely on that just feels good and comfortable to shoot at the same time when firing. While also having plenty of power in a side arm. I really couldn't be happier! πŸ‘

What ever arm you decide to bring that day? Just make sure you "Bring Enough Gun" Even if its a Battleship!View attachment 35192God bless ladies and gentleman, and exercise your second amendment right to keep and bear arms! An armed country will stay a free country!πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight! πŸ‘
Welcome back stranger. Where ya’ been?

Very busy! I was working remote for several months, and now I'm recently in the process of starting a business. Haven't been shooting all that much in the past year or so. That's all going to change here shortly I'm hoping. I have been slowly collecting reloading equipment to get started doing that as well and I'll be asking a lot of you guys several questions about it. Also I need to install a suppressor on my LRP and need some advice on it too! I'll be back on here as much as I can soon. Besides, there's so much firearm knowledge to read between all your guys' post's. That I'd be a fool to pass up on reading them! πŸ˜‰
Welcome back stranger. Where ya’ been?

Last edited:
Very busy! I was working remote for several months, and now I'm recently in the process of starting a business. Haven't been shooting all that much in the past year or so. That's all going to change here shortly I'm hoping. I have been slowly collecting reloading equipment to get started doing that as well and I'll be asking a lot of you guys several questions about it. Also I need to install a suppressor on my LRP and need some advice on it too! I'll be back on here as much as I can soon. Besides, there's so much firearm knowledge to read between all your guys' post's. That I'd be a fool to pass up on reading them! πŸ˜‰
Greet to hear. Good luck with the new business too.

Back