testtest

Longest crewed flight record

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The longest flight without landing: 64 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes and five seconds

On 4 December 1958, the two pilots Robert Timm and John Cook rose to the challenge of beating the 49 days flight record without landing. On 4 February 1959, the two pilots succeeded and achieved to fly 64 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes and five seconds without landing. The Cessna 172 aircraft, named Hacienda, is nowadays displayed at the McCarrran International Airport in Las Vegas.

1722866439283.png

and i thought my trip from Texas to Seattle was long and continued to Fairbanks, AK. this was in a turbo-prop twin engine that cruised about 300 knots. the headwind made it longer than it should. talk about holding you pee. that was another thing that wasn't addressed with their 60+ day flight. sure they had a sink and a mattress, but what about a toilet! going out the door wouldn't be smart, unless you wanted to taste it:sick: 🤣? maybe that's what the sink was for and not to wash your hands?

and i thought my trip from Texas to Seattle was long and continued to Fairbanks, AK. this was in a turbo-prop twin engine that cruised about 300 knots. the headwind made it longer than it should. talk about holding you pee. that was another thing that wasn't addressed with their 60+ day flight. sure they had a sink and a mattress, but what about a toilet! going out the door wouldn't be smart, unless you wanted to taste it:sick: 🤣? maybe that's what the sink was for and not to wash your hands?
In one of the articles they said the pilots would go in a bag then toss it out the window.

Back