testtest

Loose ejector.

mikep

Hellcat
I need some advice. I am doing my CCW live-fire qualification tomorrow. I planned on using my Shield Plus, which is what i’ve been practicing with. However, during cleaning after my range session today i noticed the ejector was loose. I checked my full size M&P9 and M&P45 and the ejectors are rock solid in them.
I’m leery of that ejector failing tomorrow, and was thinking of using my full size 9. We don’t have to qualify with the gun we’ll carry so i can substitute a gun.
Am i overthinking this or do you think this is a good course of action?
To the Shield Plus owners, have you noticed if the ejector is loose in your gun?
Thanks.
PS- no, @Annihilator i don’t have a glock to use. 😁

I need some advice. I am doing my CCW live-fire qualification tomorrow. I planned on using my Shield Plus, which is what i’ve been practicing with. However, during cleaning after my range session today i noticed the ejector was loose. I checked my full size M&P9 and M&P45 and the ejectors are rock solid in them.
I’m leery of that ejector failing tomorrow, and was thinking of using my full size 9. We don’t have to qualify with the gun we’ll carry so i can substitute a gun.
To the Shield Plus owners, have you noticed if the ejector is loose in your gun?
Thanks.
Even if you use a different gun to qualify ( which I would) you need to address it. S&W has decent CS. They'll email you a return label to send it back. Turn around time the one time I used it was about 2 weeks.

Thanks.
When I had my original Shield, the ejector was a little loose, but the way it’s installed, there was no way it would come off, my guess yours is basically the same way.
IMG_3335.jpeg

Part 30 is the ejector and as you can see, 2 pins hold it in with other parts

BTW……Glock Perfection!!!!!

Last edited:
No point taking any chances. Will they let you just bring a spare in case yours malfunctions ? Otherwise just take a different gun that you shoot well.
I think you have to start and finish with the same gun. I am bringing both and will ask in tomorrow about swapping if there is a mechanical issue. I shot the course of fire with my full size just fine but don’t like the holster for it. Too sloppy. I may just tighten my belt really tight.

Thanks.
Use what you shoot best.

If you’re not required to qualify with what you plan on carrying…don’t see why you shouldn’t.

I would bring what you shoot best as suggested by other members here. And BASSBOB is right. I also had to return a handgun to Smith and Wesson. Their Customer Service was top notch at least my dealing with them. They also sent me a free tee shirt and some stickers in the return box along with my repaired handgun. Just my two cents

I would bring what you shoot best as suggested by other members here. And BASSBOB is right. I also had to return a handgun to Smith and Wesson. Their Customer Service was top notch at least my dealing with them. They also sent me a free tee shirt and some stickers in the return box along with my repaired handgun. Just my two cents
I had to send this one back before. The blade safety came out of the channel in the trigger. Their cs is really good.
I shoot both guns equally well but i like the holster for the Shield Plus better. In also wanted to shoot what i’d carry. I am going to use my full size to be on the safe side. I’d hate for the ejector to fail.

Back