testtest

M1A Socom CQB Review

Folks should be aware that Springfield Armory imported and sold IMBEL FALs from Brazil (like the early SA 1911 frames) as the SAR-48 (pre-ban) and SAR-4800 (post-ban), in both .308 and 5.56, back in the day.

1729005936516.png

1729006005625.png

1729005800553.png

Since the "Golden Era" of foreign FAL parts imports/builds in the late 90's - very early 2000's the only source of FALs in the US has been DSA (A fellow IL business), but since SA has had a history of importing Brazilian IMBEL FALs, SA should bring the old SAR-series back (both in .308 & 5.56) since Brazil still makes the FAL in both calibers.

SA would reclaim the "Best of both Worlds" theme as per the old ad above, and reinvigorate the FAL aftermarket.

IMO, they would sell many, many more new SAR-48s than they would M1As. Just a hint...

My .02

Last edited:
Since the "Golden Era" of foreign FAL parts imports/builds in the late 90's - very early 2000's the only source of FALs in the US has been DSA (A fellow IL business), but since SA has had a history of importing Brazilian IMBEL FALs, SA should bring the old SAR-series back (both in .308 & 5.56) since Brazil still makes the FAL in both calibers.

SA would reclaim the "Best of both Worlds" theme as per the old ad above, and reinvigorate the FAL aftermarket.

IMO, they would sell many, many more new SAR-48s than they would M1As. Just a hint...

My .02
A good friend of mine had an excellent condition SAR rifle that he bought brand new when SA was offering them. He was in the process of moving to a new place in a different state and he gave his firearms to his brother for safe keeping but unfortunately some scumbag broke into his brother's house and stole all of his firearms.

Back