testtest

M1A SOCOM sight system.

I love my SOCOM CQB it has the Vortex venom red dot witch I also like. However, the red dot takes batteries and is incompatible with the factory open sights. If the rear ghost ring and front post were both just a tad higher? I think it would be compatible with the ghost ring or at least be able to function if the red dot was not turned on and operating. Any thoughts, opinions, advice, or info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou guys!

Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!

I don't exactly know what setup is on your rifle. Pic rail if any....handguard have any place for attachments (aftermarket hg?) or just a straight up factory gun?

You see the stock has a little storage void in the pistol grip and I have a picatinny rail mounted fore grip that also has a storage void. I keep a little torques wrench in the pistol grip so I can remove the red dot if I need to. I just think it would be way better to have the option to use either sights on the fly if I could!

how about a pic of the gun as you have it setup?
IMG_20230123_220838614_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230123_220807835_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230123_220736156_HDR.jpg
Just let me know if you need more specific or detailed pictures!👍

Just get a little bit larger rds and mount it on the pic rail. Make sure it's a 3.5 or smaller moa. When the dot moves further away from the eye it makes it larger. Mounting it forward sets it lower. I wasn't for sure if you were mounting it to the sadlac (?) or how it is now. Picture's worth a thousand words.

Just get a little bit larger rds and mount it on the pic rail. Make sure it's a 3.5 or smaller moa. When the dot moves further away from the eye it makes it larger. Mounting it forward sets it lower. I wasn't for sure if you were mounting it to the sadlac (?) or how it is now. Picture's worth a thousand words.
👍

Back